ii. secret pocket

02 | SECRET POCKET

Cold water was dumped on the speedster's face, waking him up.

"Wha—" Barry groaned, sitting up.

He eyed his surroundings, pleased to find that Oliver and Sara seemed alright, aside from the fact that the two looked as queasy as he did. Kara was the only one who wasn't affected by the sudden transportation. She looked rather sheepish and judging from the puddle of water beneath her and the metal bucket she was holding, she was the one that sprayed water over him.

"Sorry," Kara said, giving him an apologetic smile before setting the bucket on a nearby trash can.

"How long was I out?" Barry muttered, slowly standing up.

"A few hours," Kara replied, able to answer him due to her super hearing. "We all just woke up a few minutes ago."

The speedster stifled a curse, knowing that the rest of the team were probably freaking out by now since they had disappeared from Starling City.

Oliver straightened up, shouldering his bow. "Now that we're done checking each other out ... the question is, where are we?"

The four shared a look. Something seemed rather off. They had no idea where they were. They were standing at the entrance of an alley, and could see many buildings and skyscrapers, though none of them were like the buildings in Star, Central or even National City.

Barry peered out of the alley cautiously. There were several pedestrians walking on the sidewalk, and thankfully they didn't indicate that they had seen the four. The speedster shuffled back into the valley, though made sure to keep an eye on the entrance.

"I think we're in New York," Sara said, pointing at a familiar building, the lights on top of it, flickering. "That's the Empire State Building."

Kara crossed her arms, hovering a few inches above the ground. "Considering, we were transported about halfway across the country, at least we're still on Earth, and I still have my powers. Maybe you too Barry..."

Barry sent her a smile, happy that she'd tried to cheer them up. He glanced down at his hand and made it vibrate as yellow lightning sparked off of him. The speedster nodded to the three, signalling that he also had his powers.

"Maybe we should look around," Sara suggested, retracting her expandable batons before putting them into one of her pockets.

"As civilians," Oliver said. "Until we figure out where we are, we look around as regular people."

The archer pulled out a wallet out of his pocket and started counting the cash he had while Barry arched an eyebrow, making Oliver shoot the speedster a look that said 'say a word and you're dead'.

"How do you have your wallet?" Kara asked. "I left my civilian clothes back at Star City. At least I always carry my glasses in a hidden pocket."

To prove her point, the kryptonian took them out and showed it to them before storing them away again. The glasses made her look less of a superhero and more like a harmless reporter.

"A secret pocket," Oliver grunted.

Barry shot the archer a dirty look, slightly annoyed at him that he hadn't gotten mad at Kara for asking that specific question. Maybe it was because of her invulnerability or ... maybe it was because no one could resist saying no to those sapphire blue eyes.

"Why don't we say we were just at a cosplay party?" Sara suggested while both Oliver and Barry shook their heads in disagreement.

"Then who's going to get the clothing?"

"I'll grab them," Barry volunteered, extending his hand out to accept the money from Oliver. "You guys wouldn't believe how many times I've had to do this."

The speedster peered out of the valley before racing out into the street. The civilians looked around when a cold breeze blew in their face and caused the stray papers on the ground to flutter up in the air. Thankfully, they didn't notice the origin of the breeze nor were they bothered to.

After all, it could've been from any of the vigilantes. Or maybe from even an Avenger.