16 - breathtaking

16 breathtaking

' and she took my breath away . .'

The two made it to the park close to their school breathless as Minji laughed as Soobin looked over at her confused.

"What is it-?" he said catching his breath.

"Nothing- it's just that" Minji said standing straight "we're so unathletic"

Soobin looked off to the side and scoffed.

"So what- if I didn't ever have to move a bone in my body then I wouldn't" Soobin complained.

"Oh if only life worked that way" Minji teased him, pouting.

"Are you sure we won't get caught skipping detention?" Soobin asked.

"You don't have an evil bone in that body do you?" Minji joked.

"And no- we won't get caught, by the time Mr. Han wakes up we'd be already gone by then"

"If you say so" he shrugged.

"What? Don't trust me?" Minji asked.

"No, I do it's just," Soobin said looking down at her "I've never really broken any rules"

"We make our own rules," Minji smiled.

Minji noticed the sun setting as she reached over to her backpack to grab her phone as she paused.

"What the-" Minji said checking her bag.

"What?" Soobin asked watching her check her bag.

"I had this keychain with a guitar chip-" Minji said looking upset, "I think it broke"

"Maybe it broke off when we were leaving?" Soobin suggested.

"Ugh it probably did-" Minji said a little irritated, "someone gave it to me and it means a lot to me.."

Soobin unknowingly frowned as he tried remembering when she could've possibly lost the keychain.

"Don't worry, we'll find it" Soobin smiled reassuringly.

"I hope so," Minji sighed.

Minji noticed a little girl and their dad playing at the playground as he chased around and played with the girl.

Minji didn't notice how long she was staring at them for.

"Do you want to play on the swings Minji?" Soobin joked.

"Huh? Maybe later" Minji laughed wiping her eyes.

Minji looked up at the sky and smiled to herself.

"Soobin, I want to show you something" Minji said.

"What is it?" Soobin asked.

"You'll see," Minji said grabbing him by the hand.

🌸

The two walked under low trees in a secluded area where the park's trails faded off and turned more into a forest.

Soobin looked around confused wondering what Minji wanted to show him since it was getting dark.

"Minji, are you planning on killing me or what?" Soobin joked as they reached a cleared out area with an old bench that had vines growing over it.

"Pfft no, but it'd be a nice view to die to" Minji scoffed as she walked over by the edge of the hill.

Soobin walked over to her to see a beautiful view of the city and all the lights.

It felt breathtaking and like time had stopped.

Soobin looked over at Minji as she saw her smile to herself as the wind pushed her hair softly.

Minji noticed Soobin staring at her as the two looked at each other now. The city's lights reflecting off their eyes creating little stars.

"It's beautiful here," Soobin said breaking the silence.

Minji smiled.

"My dad is the one who showed me this side of the park" Minji said.

"He said he'd come here to unwind and to take a breather"

"How could he take a breather here if the view is so breathtaking?" Soobin asked.

And you.

"He said whenever he looked at the city it reminded him of me," Minji said "and I still don't understand how"

"Maybe it's because you're just as bright and breathtaking as the view," Soobin said.

Minji looked off to the side as she felt her heart race a bit.

"But I don't know just an idea" Soobin shrugged teasing her.

"Ugh shut up.."