11 - scaredy cat

11 scaredy cat

" uh oh, scaredy cat . ."

The two ran into the rain as the bus dropped them off. Soobin quickly unlocked his door as the two ran inside.

The two caught their breath as they laughed.

"That was cold- and I almost slipped in the rain," Soobin said grabbing towels from the closet.

"I know I saw you slide a bit" Minji laughed as Soobin handed her a towel.

"We're all wet gross-" Soobin said noticing their transparent uniform.

"Do you have clothes with you in that magical backpack of yours?" Soobin teased.

"Very funny- and yes I do," Minji said wrapping herself in the towel.

"You can change in my room," Soobin said squishing the water out of his sock.

Minji scoffed as she walked into Soobin's room. It wasn't like she expected. It was a bit messy like any other person's room but for the most part organized.

Minji changed into her gym uniform as she noticed Soobin's dresser.

There was the cherry blossom she had given to him and it hadn't wilted.

Minji scoffed and unknowingly smiled.

"I didn't think he'd actually keep it," Minji thought.

Minji walked out of the room and saw Soobin pouring tea into cups as he noticed Minji.

"You changed quickly" he commented.

"Not all girls take long to change Soobin" Minji scoffed.

"I'm kidding, here I made you tea so we wouldn't get sick" Soobin said pushing the cups towards her.

Minji took a sip and froze.

"Oh wow- that tastes really good" Minji said taking another sip, "and I don't even like tea like that"

"My mom made the recipe," Soobin said stirring his cup.

"Your mom knows what she's doing," she said finishing the tea.

"Someone needs to wife you up Soobin" Minji joked.

Minji scoffed as she got a text message.

"What is it?" Soobin asked.

"My brother" Minji said, "He asked me where I was and now he's annoyed that he has to come and get me"

"I could drop you off" Soobin said.

"No- it's still storming outside and he said it should end in about an hour" she said.

"That's enough time to watch a scary movie" Minji smiled looking at Soobin.

Soobin froze while drinking his tea. "A what-?"

"A horror movie, it's been a while since I've last seen one," Minji said.

"Uh- sure we can watch a horror movie together-" Soobin said nervously.

Soobin hates horror movies, but he didn't want to seem like a scaredy cat in front of Minji.

Minji searched for a movie as Soobin hugged a pillow on the couch nervously watching what movie Minji was going to choose.

Soobin felt relaxed when the movie so far didn't have any jumpscares. For a second he even forgot what type of movie they were watching.

He looked over at Minji and noticed how intrigued she was. He had never seen her that interested in something before.

Soobin turned back to the screen as a jumpscare happened out of nowhere and he jumped, hugging Minji. Minji sat there confused as they both jumped to the sound of knocking coming from the other side of Soobin's front door.

"AHH-!" Soobin shouted as Minji paused the movie.

"I think Joonki's here.." Minji said as her adrenaline rush settled.

Soobin turned the tv off as Minji opened the door. Joonki stood there with his arms crossed.

"Cmon, I've been waiting for minutes in the car Minji!" Joonki said heading to the car.

"Sorry Soobin- I didn't mean Joonki to scare you like that" she laughed.

"What no- I was just invested in the movie-" Soobin lied.

"I'll see you tomorrow then scaredy cat" Minji smiled as she walked out the door.

Soobin held his chest as his heart raced. He couldn't tell if it was from the movie or from Minji.