29 - favor

29 favor

' I got nothing to lose 널 좋아한다고 . . '

Soobin and Minji were in the library as they were finishing up their assignments for the day.

Soobin was stuck on focus mode as it went away when he heard Minji aggressively clicking down on her pencil waiting for more led to come out of it. She sighed, defeated.

"I'm gonna go to my locker for some more led, do you need anything?" Minji offered as she stood up.

"No I don't need anything" Soobin smiled as Minji walked off. Soobin caught himself watching Minji walk out of the library as he shook his head, scolding himself.

His phone suddenly vibrated underneath his textbook.

Unknown number

Hey Soobin, this is Joonki, Minji's older brother.

Can I have you do a favor

Soobin got nervous as he typed back anxiously. "How did he even get my number-" he sulked.

What is it?

He wasn't expecting to get an immediate response back just as he was about to place his phone back down-

Can you take out Minji tomorrow, it's our dad's death anniversary.

I want you to distract her, you seem to be good at that with Minji.

Soobin shifted in his seat- is that why Minji was being somewhat off today- Soobin had just assumed it had something to do with her and Hyunsuk's meetup or how she literally just broke up with Youngchul a week ago now.

Yeah I can do that Joonki

Thank you Soobin.

Soobin flinched when Minji appeared out of nowhere and sat next to him. He quickly shut his phone off.

"Were you on the phone with someone?" Minji asked as she clicked her pencil and led finally appeared.

"Yeah, my mom was just wondering where I was-" Soobin lied.

"Oh- should we get going then?" Minji said as she glanced up from her work.

"Yeah- before the janitor locks us in and then gives us more detention," he joked as Minji scoffed.

"Now don't jinx it-" Minji smiled jokingly, grabbing her things.

Soobin gulped nervously, wondering how he should ask her out for Joonki's favor.

"Hey Minji- are you free tomorrow?" Soobin said as she turned to look at him.

"What are you asking me out on a date?" Minji scoffed.

"It could be one if you want I guess.." Soobin said as he could feel his ears turning red.

"Why do you ask?" Minji asked.

"I just think.. We should hang out more with each other after school-" Soobin said, semi nervous.

"Oh?" Minji said, crossing her arms getting skeptical, "Sure, it's a date then"

Soobin's jaw slightly dropped as Minji grabbed her backpack and walked off.

"Are you coming, pretty boy?" Minji asked ahead of him.

"I'm coming-" Soobin said as he grabbed his bag as his heart raced inside his chest.

Soobin now stood in front of Minji's doorstep as he breathed in nervously.

"When Joonki said take her out- I don't think he meant it as a date.." Soobin thought sulking.

He's going to kill me-