Chapter Nine

Today is the day. Today we go to war with Dream. It's a difficult feeling, if I'm being honest. I knew it'd come down to this, yet I had hoped that maybe they'd be able to see reason if one of their own switched sides. Today is the day we give Dream and his allies our answer. Yet, I already know the answer we'll get. It's tense, the air thick and heavy as we stand across the field before Dream. His ever present mask hides his expression, yet I can feel his eyes peering into me across the field as I stand beside Wilbur and Tommy.

In Wilbur's hands rest an important document to the history of L'Manburg. The Declaration of Independance. Yes, Independence is spelled incorrectly. When I caught it, it'd already been written down in ink. So it was kept, much to the amusement of Wilbur and the others. Wilbur coughs, clearing his throat and begins reading the contents of the document.

"Forever, the nation of the Greater SMP have cast great sins upon our great land of L'Manburg. They have robbed us. They have imprisoned us. Threatened us. They have killed many of our own men. This time of tyranny ends with us. This book declares that the nation that shall henceforth be known as L'Manburg is separate, emancipated and independent from the nation of the Greater SMP. The union of the masters of men. Together we are one. When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one to dissolve the bonds which binds us. Disregarding this truth is nothing short of tyranny. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. The right of the people exists above the king. The right of the government and the right of the economy. From the land of L'Manburg, we shall prevail in Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Victory." From where I stand, I can see our each and individual signatures at the bottom of the document. My own rests underneath Tommy and Tubbo's signatures, followed by Niki, Fundy and Eret. Dream speaks up in the silence that settles between our two groups.

"Well then. I guess this makes it easy for us. You see, I knew full well that your little rag tag group of revolutionaries wouldn't bow down so easily. So we've drafted up our own important document. It's nothing long and lengthy like your Declaration of Independence." A man with blond hair and light, sky-blue eyes walks up placing a book into Dream's hands. I frown in confusion. Who is that? I've never seen him before, so he must have joined Dream's side after I left. Who else has Dream swayed over? How many does he have? My thoughts are cut off when Dream speaks up once more.

"This here, is our Declaration of War." The people of L'Manburg stiffen up. Wilbur's expression narrows. We knew it'd come down to this. I knew it'd come to this. Yet hearing it from Dream's own lips doesn't make the fact any less terrifying than it actually is.

"Written right here, The Greater SMP declares war on L'Manburg and those in the self-proclaimed nation. Come to a joint resolution of myself, Sapnap and Punz." Punz? My eyes fly over to the blonde man in the white cloak. So he's someone Dream trusts with important decisions, it seems. Wilbur stands tall amongst the crowd of his fellow L'Manburgians.

"It seems we shall be seeing you in the future then, men." Dream nods.

"It seems we shall." Dream turns before settling his gaze on me once more.

"One more thing. Before we leave to prepare to win this war. I'd like to just point out. Be careful of who you trust, Wilbur. I'm not saying it outright, but you may just have a spy in your midst and they may be closer to you than you believe." Dream's smirk sends shivers down my spine. Is he trying to plant the false thought that I'm a spy into the other's minds? A quick glance around says yes. Wilbur has gone still beside me. He isn't like the same man I'd come to know during my stay here. We watch as Dream, Sapnap and Punz walk away from us. Tommy's voice cuts through the silence that settled over our group after Dream's departure.

"Wilbur, remember what I told you." Tommy seems to be pleading with Wilbur over something.

"Tommy, I know what you said but even Dream has admitted it to us face to face!" Tommy shakes his head, vehemently denying whatever it is that Wilbur is insinuating.