Preface

Hello all! Welcome to my first Dream SMP book! Just to let you know before you start reading, the only ships are those who are of legal age. Tommy, Tubbo and later Ranboo (who has not revealed his age which is completely okay) are only platonic friends with the reader. Apologies if you came here for a ship with one of them. Also no lewd here, these are real people and I don't feel comfortable reading that kind of stuff about real people much less writing it. Hope you enjoy the story! Currently working on chapters as you read this <3

 It was a quiet morning. The birds weren't yet awake. The various animals of the night still roamed the land as the sun had not yet risen. All was quiet in the forest surrounding the land of the kingdom. Yet, in the stillness of it all, footsteps could be heard racing through the woods. A hooded figure atop a horse rides through the silent woods in a hurry. The cloak hides the person's features, hiding their identity from prying eyes. The horse's movements break the silence of the woods. The figure atop the large animal slows the horse down to a halt in a large clearing far away from either of the civilizations known as L'Manburg and the Kingdom of the SMP. They jump off from the saddle and bring the reins over to a nearby patch of grass for the horse to rest. It has earned it after the long ride it's endured. The figure rests their hand on a blue-toned blade when a branch nearby cracks under pressure from an unknown source.

"You're quite jumpy, aren't you?" Someone calls out, amused. He steps into view. The setting moon lighting up his features, or lack of as a white mask hides his face. The figure rests their hand back at their side.

"It would be unwise of me to be anything other than cautious. After all, it's not everyday I receive a letter from the enemy's leader asking to meet with him before dawn." A feminine voice snidely answers back. She lowers her hood, revealing her features.

"Tell me, Dream. Why did you ask to meet me out here?" She asks the masked male. His exposed lips form a frown. The amusement from before gone.

"Why did you join L'Manburg, (Y/N)." The female harshly frowns at the question.

"Because I didn't agree with your way of rule, Dream." It's all she says. It's all she has to say. She could say more, however now is not the time to reopen those wounds.

"I see..." His voice answers quietly. (Y/N) sighs, her breath coming out in puffs in front of her face.

"Why did you ask me to come out here? It surely wasn't to ask a question with such an obvious answer, was it?" Dream stands tall, any weakness he was showing before gone.

"Come back with me. You can still come back before it's too late. We'll all forgive you if you return with me." It's her turn to frown now. Her expression turns angry.

"Come back? You expect me to actually want to go back with you? No, I don't think so! You've destroyed our land and harmed our people. You've even set our own trusted men against us! You seriously have the audacity to ask me to come out here just to beg for me to come back?! To go back after what you've done?" She yells at him, her eyes burning with an anger he's never seen aimed towards him before.

"You were asking for it! That land belonged to me and my kingdom, therefore, I can do whatever I want with it. You don't even wear armor over there, making it super easy to kill your people." Dream rebutted her argument with his own before sighing, shaking his head.

"Are you coming back or not?" (Y/N) shakes her head in disbelief.

"No. I'm not." Dream frowns once more.

"I see... You leave me with no choice. If you won't stand with me, then I can't allow you to stand at all." His words immediately put the girl on guard. Her eyes flit along his person. She doesn't see a weapon, so what does he mean by that? Her thoughts are answered when she hears an arrow fly past her. The arrowhead grazes her cheek. A thin line of blood falls from the cut. An ambush?! She looks for where she left her horse, only for it to be missing. A familiar tanned male with a bandana wrapped around his forehead stands in its place. She looks in the direction of where the arrow came from. Another familiar male stands to her right, his signature glasses resting on the top of his head as he glares back at her, another arrow already notched in his bow. Sapnap and George. She looks back in Dream's direction.