Chapter Ten

It's the first morning of our official war with Dream and his kingdom. I was fully expecting to wake up and get ready for any sort of battle prep for the day. What I wasn't expecting, was to see Tommy and Tubbo rushing into my room with cuts and bruises littering their bodies. My eyes widened in shock at the sight of the two boys roughed up.

"Tommy! Tubbo! What happened?!" I exclaimed. Tommy scoffs, however the expression isn't towards me.

"We got ambushed by Dream and his allies while we were attempting to get supplies outside our borders. We didn't want to concern Wilbur so we came here instead." Tommy explains as I patch the both of them up.

"They literally came out of nowhere! We didn't even notice they were there until it was too late and all we could do was run back here." Tubbo exclaimed. I frown at this. It makes me so mad that Dream is willing to endanger children all so that he can prove himself to be correct.

"Well, you're lucky these are only a warning. If they aimed to kill, you two wouldn't be here." Tommy jokingly rolls his eyes.

"Psh, you obviously haven't met the person who trained us. Or, me to be exact." I raise a brow at this.

"Oh? So are you referring to me, kid? Or is this mystery person someone I don't even know?" I ask, a small teasing smirk resting on my lips. Tommy huffs.

"You wouldn't know him, he doesn't live here." I hum, thinking about some people I know that do not live here either. What's the possibility that Tommy knows them? Probably slim, if I'm being honest. I pat his shoulder.

"Well then, kid. I'll take your word for it. Come on, we need to tell Wilbur about this." We soon find ourselves in the van, Wilbur rests his hands on the table with a map of the surrounding land mapped out. Who he had draw out the map, I'm unsure, but it's quite detailed.

"So you're telling me that the two of you were unable to get those supplies?" Wilbur asks, brow tense with worry. Tommy and Tubbo nod, confirming his words.

"Yes, sir. They had the two of us surrounded almost instantly. We just barely managed to escape with just a few cuts and bruises." Tommy explained to Wilbur.

"And so instead of reporting directly to me, you both stopped by (Y/N)'s place and got patched up by her? Do you know how that looks?" What? Why is Wilbur throwing this onto me?

"Wil, they came to me because they didn't want to worry you first thing in the morning!" I exclaimed. Wilbur's silent accusations against me have been adding up, and it's going to boil over before I can even convince him I'm not the traitor. It's funny, I didn't really face these accusations when I first came to L'Manburg. They were all weary, of course. But no one out right believed I wasn't truly on their side. Everyone in L'Manburg was welcoming for the most part. Guess it's better now than never to deal with these accusations.

"(Y/N), please leave the van for the time being." My eyes widen. Tubbo is shocked to silence and Tommy seems to have all the words for the situation at the moment.

"Wilbur! She doesn't need to leave!" Tommy exclaims, standing up for me. I sigh, rubbing my temple.

"No, it's fine Tommy. I'll go. Maybe it'll be better if I'm not here to deal with baseless accusations when we have a traitor to catch." I give a small, curt smile to the two teens and turn to leave, not sparing Wilbur a second glance. I could hear Tommy cursing Wilbur out as I closed the van's doors. I spot Niki and Fundy nearby, so I decide to say hello to them. Niki hears my footsteps and she looks over, giving me a bright smile despite the situation we're all in currently.

"Good morning, (Y/N)! I heard Tommy and Tubbo got into a scuffle with the SMP earlier. Are they alright?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, they're reporting back to Wilbur right now. I patched the both of them up, they're all fine. Nothing serious, only some minor cuts and bruises. They got lucky, if I'm being honest." I then frown. I've been blaming Dream and his allies for attacking children, but perhaps I should be shifting a portion of the blame onto Wilbur and ourselves for allowing them to go without someone else to look after them. I was just about to ask Fundy about the weapons logs, when the smell of smoke fills the air. Looking up, arrows with flaming tips shoot over the walls of L'Manburg. It's begun. I gasp, narrowly pulling Niki out of the way of one of such arrows.