{13}

Time passed, and as it did, the moment of Tubbo's speech got closer and closer. This was his big moment, his first huge moment as the right-hand man of the president. Yes, he'd spoken to people and planned this event, but it was nothing compared to what was about to happen.

He had planned what to say ever since he was told weeks prior that he'd be speaking on the afternoon of the festival. Again and again for weeks on end Tubbo had stood infront of a mirror, repeating his lines, tweaking and redoing parts he felt necessary.

Now, he was ready.

As the clock struck one, he took his place upon the Manburg podium. The citizens crowded the street below, each of them taking a seat in one of the seats that'd been installed. Most of them sat, anyway.

A quick glance to the right revealed to Tubbo that Tommy and Wilbur were watching, crouched low against the roof of the nearest building. For weeks Tubbo had been sneaking away to the other two, planning for the day he can escape. Being with Jason wasn't horrible, but... It wasn't anything compared to his brothers. And now the two were looking out, ready for the moment they can take down Schlatt and regain their country; they had to, nobody here liked their current president. You're fucked if Quackity, George or Fundy see you. Even more so if it's Schlatt who spots you...

The crowds settled, and Tubbo cleared his throat. He spoke for a few minutes, the odd cheer or woop from the crowd gathered below him. He smiles as he ends the speech, exclaiming "let the festival begin!"

As Manburg's citizens clapped and further cheered, Schlatt stepped up to the mic, silencing them.

The silence, mixed with a single sigh from the older man who was now beside him, struck through him like a trident through the heart. It hurt, it caused beads of sweat to seep through his head. Tubbo looked anxiously at Tommy and Wilbur, still crouched below the tiles of a roof nearby. His gaze was noticed by Schlatt, who followed it. Then, one by one, the crowds did too. Shit.

-

Next thing he knew Tubbo was surrounded by black and yellow blocks, just enough space to take a single small step back. The one gap infront of him was blatantly for humiliation - he was on the podium, in a box, infront of all of Manburg - and not for ventilation. If this was any other situation he knew Schlatt wouldn't have left him any free spaces. He could've died from lack of air if that gap was filled. One of his three lives taken by suffocation. How embarrassing.

But that didn't happen. Instead Jason spoke with confidence as usual, explaining the plan that'd formed between Tubbo and his brothers during all the younger boy's trips back and forth "in secret". Schlatt knew, somehow.

Tubbo looked at Wilbur and Tommy, who looked panicked on the rooftop still. They'd been spotted, Tubbo had been trapped, and yet they hadn't moved from their place. But why? I mean- surely they'd try to run? Or at least find a way to break me out of here...?

His focus snapped back when Schlatt turned to him, sneering. Technoblade was brought up on the stage from the left, his hands trembling slightly. The young boy assumed this was a side-plan that Will and Tommy arranged. He hoped so...

But was proven wrong.

A crossbow glared him face-on, a crossbow held and directed by the pig infront of him. Again Schlatt chuckled lowly, clearly enjoying the show.

A salty tear ran down Tubbo's cheek. He began to tremble, began to panic.

He was going to die.

And all of Manburg, all of his friends, would see it.

Schlatt continued egging Technoblade on, convincing him he should do it, that it's the right thing to do. Peer pressuring him.

And he caved.

Techno's hands neared the trigger. Jason muttered "I would never have raised my son as a traitor," as he glared at Tubbo. "You and Phil let me down."

With one deep, dragged out breath, Technoblade released the arrow. No, no... the firework. The crossbow was loaded with a firework, and it was headed straight for Tubbo.

A scream.
"DAD!!"
A bang.

Darkness.

Tubbo_ went off with a bang due to a firework fired from [subscribe to Technoblade] by Technoblade.