ii. three wishes

LILY EVANS HADN'T THOUGHT much about her encounter with the mysterious brunette she had bumped into in Diagon Alley. Alright, maybe she's lying about that. But seriously, how could she not think about the brunette that had swooped her up in her arms. Her hair had not been flowing, but her eyes were sparkling with-

Merlin, what am I thinking?

The redhead shook her head profusely as she continued to listen to the Head Boy talk about their roles and what they must do as Prefects. It was really hard for Lily to pay attention as the brunette was right beside her. She was getting distracted by the Ravenclaw girl, often finding herself glancing at the said girl from time to time.

If the girl noticed, she didn't show as the brunette's focus was on the Head Boy. Lily wished she could learn the name of the girl, often finding herself about to ask the girl until the Head Girl decided to intervene with her tips for the Prefects.

♊️

Aurora had noticed the redhead's glances. She had chosen to ignore them as the matter of being a Prefect was first on her mind. She was also curious about the red-haired girl, but she didn't need to think about that in the middle of a meeting. When the rest of the Prefects came in earlier, the Potter girl had immediately looked back at the table, trying to act nonchalant as if nothing had happened, despite wanting to at least ask the girl who she was.

Soon, the Prefect's meeting had been adjourned and everyone had started making their way to the door. Aurora had grabbed her messenger bag, adjusting it on her shoulder as she waited for Ray to finish packing up his notebook and quills.

A tap on her shoulder had taken her attention, making her turn around to see Remus standing there with a small smile on his lips. She had nodded her head in acknowledgment, waiting for him to start the conversation.

"Hi Rory, fancy seeing you here." The Potter girl snorted at that, dusting off her skirt.

"Hello to you too Rem, I suppose this is another thing we have in common?"

"Yes indeed. Have you finished reading Little Women yet?"

"I have. The story was magnificent, absolutely loved the way Jane Austen wrote the book. I've started reading Merchant of Venice." Remus chuckled at the sparkle he saw in her eyes, patting her shoulder.

"That's good to know, Rory. Tell me what you think of it once you're done."

With that, Remus had made his way out the door where the red-haired girl had been waiting for him. Rory watched as the two left, her eyes trailing more on the red-haired girl. She had not heard the calls of her friend as he had finally finished packing his things up.

"-ora? Rora, are you there?" The brunette's head snapped towards Ray as he gave her a questioning look.

"Are you alright? You seemed out of it for a second there."

Rory smiled reassuringly at him, motioning with her head for them to start heading out. "I'm fine, Ray."

"If you say so." Ray had started making his way out of the compartment with the brunette in tow. Once they were out, the Ravenclaw boy had moved closer to her and lowered his voice to a whisper.

"I'm not that blind Rory. I know you were looking at Lily." The brunette girl furrowed her eyebrows at the mention of the name. She had found it familiar but couldn't quite put her finger on where she's heard it.

"Who's Lily?"

Ray looked at her with surprise as he abruptly stopped in the middle of their walk. "What do you mean 'Who's Lily?'. That's James crush right there, Lily Evans."