o. days before the inevitable

IT HAD BEEN A LOVELY DAY in the Potter Manor. The morning had consisted of family breakfast, with Euphemia's special chocolate-chipped pancakes and honey glazed bacon.

Well except for the loud crashing coming from James' room everything was fine on that day. A few days ago, the youngest Potter's friends came over to their house. Aurora was not too bothered by the sudden intrusion, but their rowdiness and their mishaps have taken some part of her time from her reading.

She had known James' friends, the Marauders they call themselves. They were notorious in school for being pranksters and she knew each one of them.

Sirius Black was James' best friend who also happens to be a well-known playboy in Hogwarts. He had come to visit the house more than his other friends and they both hadn't bothered her much when it was just the two of them.

Remus Lupin was the one friend of James she talks to the most. The boy was very interesting, to say the least, just last year she had learned that he was a werewolf along with her brother and his friends. That didn't make her dislike him though, she felt saddened that he had to go through those horrid transformations at least every month. He had also been the one to spark her interest in muggle items, like their novels, and so on.

Peter Pettigrew was someone Aurora didn't particularly like. He was a shy boy who stuttered when he talked to her, but she knew he had a good heart. Always there to help out his friends whenever they needed him.

"Rory! Aurora! Do you know where my Comet is? It's not in my room." The brunette sighed to herself, annoyed that the past hour has been ruined by their constant yelling and overall noise coming from the boys. Aurora brought herself out of her comfortable position on her bay window before yanking her door open with a blank look on her face.

The girl made her way to James' room and pulled the door open, immediately regretting it as the stench of someone's barf had gone through her nose. Aurora pinched her nostrils together with her fingers, forcing herself not to barf herself. She looked around the room for her twin brother, seeing him sticking his head inside his closet. The Potter girl rolled her eyes before marching her way to him.

"Honestly James, all I asked was some peace and quiet for today. But you just had to prepare your newest supplies for a stupid prank!"

"I'm sorry Rora! The boys and I just wanted to play some Quidditch outside today! The weather's perfect for one game."

"You said that yesterday and the day before yesterday."

"Well, everyday's a great day to play Quidditch!" Aurora groaned in annoyance, making her way out the door with her lips in a thin line.

"It's downstairs beside the fireplace." The Potter boy grinned happily, poking his head out in the hallway to send a happy smile to his sister.

"Thanks, Rora! I know you love me!"

There was no reply.

♊️

The Potter's had gotten themselves ready to go to Diagon Alley to buy the necessities they needed. And well, a gift for both twins for their new roles, Quidditch Captain for James and Prefect for Aurora. Fleamont and Euphemia Potter were both proud to hear their children had gotten these roles, so as a reward they would buy anything they wanted.

But that wasn't the only reason why they were going to Diagon Alley, Aurora's friends were going to meet her here. They hadn't met each other for 2 months and had missed each other, so they had all decided to go shopping around together.