i. encounters in the train

SEPTEMBER 1st HAD ARRIVED SOONER THAN Aurora had thought it would. The last few days of summer had been relatively the same as James and his friends had chosen to sleep over at his house until they had to go to Hogwarts.

She had complained a bunch of times when they were being too loud or had attempted to pull a prank on her. They had tried to, but her room had specific charms that had prevented anyone from ruining the state of her bedroom.

The group of boys had originally wanted to at least make her room smell like dog's poop, but it had backfired and had made the whole house aside from her bedroom smell like dog's poop. Sometimes, James forgets that Aurora's at the top of their year.

Now the Potter Twins and their mother, as well as all of James's friends, had already flooed to Platform 9 3/4 and were now saying their farewells to each other.

"James, honey, please try not to pull those little gimmicks in school. I can't take another owl from Professor McGonagall." The boy had grinned cheekily at his mother, kissing her cheek swiftly before dragging his friends on the train.

"Sorry mum, no promises!"

Euphemia sighed in disdain, fully knowing he would still pull the pranks he makes regardless of what she says. The woman then looked at her daughter, a smile making an appearance on her face. Euphemia moved towards Aurora and pulled the girl into a hug. "Aurora dear, have fun this year. And please don't focus too much on your studies."

The brunette girl chuckled at her mother, wrapping her arms around the woman's shoulder. "Sorry mum, no promises on that one."

Euphemia giggled a bit at that, pushing her daughter away by the shoulders. The woman smiled softly at her, caressing her cheek with a brush of her thumb.

"Write to us ok? At least once a week."

Aurora smiled at her mother in response, taking hold of her mother's hands and bringing them down. "I will mum. Stay safe alright?"

The woman nodded as a response and slightly shoved the brunette girl towards the train with a small smile. Aurora had gotten the hint, giving her mother a tiny smile back before walking towards the train with a small wave.

Once inside, Aurora had immediately made her way to the Prefect's Compartment, not bothering to meet up with her two friends as she knew that both men would most likely bicker and not acknowledge her.

Before she could open the door to the compartment, however, a familiar blonde girl had opened the door to the compartment right beside it and had bumped into her on accident. Aurora would have ignored it, if she hadn't noticed who had bumped into her.

It seemed the blonde had also realized who she had accidentally hit as a smirk grew on her rosy lips. "Well well well, if it isn't my favorite Ravenclaw. Don't you look dashing today."

The Potter girl held in a scoff, adjusting her handbag on her shoulder with a straight face. "Malfoy, always a pleasure to see you."

Leora Malfoy snickered at her reply, looking the girl up and down.

You could say that Aurora felt, uncomfortable whenever she was with the pureblood. With that analyzing gaze and that devilish smirk that played on her lips, who wouldn't?

"Leo that's enough, stop pestering the girl." A brunette had come out of the compartment, one with a gentle look in her eyes and a pout on her soft lips. Aurora had recognized the girl, seeing her everywhere the Malfoy was.

The brunette girl turned towards her with an apologetic smile as she tucked a strand of her hair back in its place. "I'm sorry for her, Aurora, she's just really really interested in you for some reason."