:: eighty-one ::

-295k readers special-

this was rushed, oopsie, use your time to do some good in the world. i thank you all :)

"will was right." george rested his head on dream's chest when he felt the blonde flinch from the thunder outside.

"when isn't he." dream smiled, his hands slithering underneath the sweatshirt george wore to warm his hands on the heat the brunette's skin generated.

"he told me that i needed to put myself in your shoes, i realized you were probably so confused. i wanted to talk to you but then you said you were leaving." george turned his eyes away from dream. "did will make you come back? he said he'd handle it."

dream let out a long sigh. understanding the reason behind the callout texts. "i was at techno's house."

george didn't say anything.

"i wanted to see him so badly but i don't think i'm ready yet. i have problems i need to solve over here before i can go back and solve my past problems."

george nodded, repositiong his head in the center of dream's chest. "i get that."

"funny thing, last time i got that angry i ran to the forest. you know, the one me and the guys from my hometown spent a lot of time at?" dream waited for george to nod before he continued.

"i cried, and screamed, and i threw an entire fit, but techno had followed me and he didn't let me be upset alone."

george looked up at the blonde with stars in his eyes, smiling too big to have just been watching him speak. "techno means a lot to you, doesn't he?"

dream smiled back down to george. "he actually helped me understand a big part about myself, really early on. not a lot of people can say the same, i owe him for that."

george rested his head in the center of dream's chest again. "hmm?"

"remember how i told you we kissed to practice for prom?"

george nodded.

"we both eventually got to kiss our dates, but um..." he chuckled. remembering the discussion he had with the brunette in the back of his mom's car.

george looked up with a quirked eyebrow, confused as to what was funny.

"i liked kissing guys more than i liked kissing girls. techno didn't feel the same way, so it's his own little inside joke that he was my first crush, which is not true." he continued chuckling, feeling lighter than he had when he first entered the apartment.

george laughed with him, propping himself up to smile at the blonde. "shut up you're joking."

"i'm being dead serious."

"this whole time i thought you had a thing for him."

the words cause dream to wheeze, his lungs convulsing as he tried to gather air. george watched him through content eyes and a happy smile.

"you're so dumb." george smiled.

dream jumped at a crash of lightning, tightening his arms around george's torso.

the brunette held a dumb smile on his face as he watched the blonde. "you actually are scared of lightning."

dream squinted his eyes. "no im not." another flash of lightning quickly contradicted the statement. the blonde retracted into himself, frowning at the laughs coming from the man in his arms.

he pinched george's side, feeling a smile rise at the yelp the brunette let out as he fell against the blonde's chest.

they sat like that for a while, in the almost pitch black room. dream resented the words he knew he had to speak. "it's getting late george, i should head home."

"you don't really think i'm going to make you drive home in the rain, do you?"

dream smiled into the air. turning his head when he heard the door open.

wilbur stood in the doorway, soaking wet, and breathing heavily.

"what happened to you?" george asked from beside dream.

wilbur cracked his knuckles, followed by his neck. "i took out the trash."

dream turned to george at the same time george turned to him. they shared a look of confusion.

"glad you guys worked it out." he walked down the hallway, heading into where dream could only assume was his room.

"i don't know what that was about." george wiggled out of dream's arms, approaching the door to make sure it was locked, before he himself began walking down the hallway.

shortly after he returned. "i'm not going to make you sleep on the couch either." he held out a hand, waiting for dream's to join his. the blonde stood from the couch, excited to finally see what the rest of george's apartment had looked like. most importantly, what the inside of george's room had looked like.

dream took a seat on george's bed, looking around the room as he pulled off his sweatshirt. he set the fabric down on the bed, watching as george picked it up. "i will be taking this now, if you don't mind." then dream's eyes focused on the brunette as he removed the other sweatshirt to pull dream's previous one over his form.

george crawled up to the headboard of the bed, wiggling his legs underneath the blanket.

"i don't know how you sleep with a sweatshirt on."

"warm." was all george said, holding his arms open, waiting for the blonde to join him. dream gladly settled into his arms, smiling as his cheek pressed against george's chest.

the brunette pulled the blanket over dream, returning his fingers to the blonde's hair as they listened to the fierce pour of rain outside. "now i can protect you from the lightning." george whispered, a smile evident on his face, one dream could imagine perfectly in his mind.

"you need a break." dream spoke, his words mumbled by the fabric of george's sweatshirt. he didn't overlook the way the brunette tensed at the words.

"a vacation." dream corrected. "not a break, a vacation. when you're not out with us you're working, and i'm worried, i've never seen you get that frustrated before."

george's breath was quiet against the loud noises coming from just the other side of the wall. he nodded.

"a vacation."

do what you can to help Corey Johnson and Dustin Higgs!