:: one hundred thirty-three ::

because dream felt the need to protect, and george easily gave into the blonde's protection, this led to the brunette being swaddled in two sweatshirts to help avoid the continuation of the situation from last time.

"dream i feel like this might be a little excessive." the brunette met the blonde's eyes in the mirror from where they stood in the living room and offered a dramatic pout.

the blonde shook his head and pulled the woolen hat wilbur had loaned him over his ears. "how am i meant to know you're going to be warm enough, you didn't say anything last time."

by the look on his face it was obvious he raked his brain for a response but knew there was no good enough excuse, so he gave into the swaddling and started to push dream away from his vanity and pressure him into leaving.

it had already been difficult for them to get up from the bed knowing they wouldn't be able to return for several hours, but when george insisted dream could stay the night again he was on his feet before they even agreed to the terms.

"i hope he makes this worth it." dream's eyes squinted in preparation to meet the cold wind.

"i think we are the ones who are meant to make it worth his while. he has been gone for a month after all." george pushed him out the door and locked it behind them.

dream frowned, he knew george was right but he didn't want to give up their time together that easily. yet in the end he was the first to initiate their walk away from the apartment.

they headed off into the direction of the train station, all because dream had the terrible decision of admitting he had never driven in snow before and george had made it very clear that he'd refuse to allow him to drive.

the brunette seemed to sense his distaste for the fact he would have to walk and voiced the only thing he figured would make it better; "it's for your own safety."

they shared a look of conflicting opinions and dream reached down between them to collect the other's hand, squeezing it to emphasize his teasing behavior. "you're so cute when you care about me." he pulled their now connected hands back up and pressed a gentle finger to the center of the brunette's nose.

he gestured to their hands, "and this alone will make it worth my while." he shone a cheeky smile to make it all the more endearing, and to watch the pink that rose to cloud the brunette's face and concentrate around his cheeks really did make it all worth it.

it was going to be another of the many moments dream would never forget. he knew he had to be special to be blessed with such a sight, and he would have paid massive sums of money to see that exact scene broadcasted behind his eyelids every waking moment.

the entire walk consisted of passive conversation, gentle smiles, and entwined hands that never once broke apart, tugging the other along with an unspoken excitement to finally reunite with the friends of theirs that they had gone so long without hearing from.

of course, had you asked the other's they'd say it was the other way around.

to other people, they would have looked like a couple, and despite the looks that they revived, confirming such, they didn't entirely mind. too caught up in conversation, too lost in happy eyes, and too distracted to worry about what people thought of them.

almost like the idea of them being together wasn't so bad after all.

**

"it's so warm in here." george blinked back slowly. turning from where he looked out the window to search for the blonde's solution.

"not really." dream paused for a second, examining the temperate for himself before giving a shrug. "you can take one of the sweatshirts off now if you want."

george shook his head and the hair that fell in front of his eyes was both admired and envied. "it's a comfortable warm."

"like a hug." dream added, trying to search past soft dark locks to find even softer eyes.

a smile sprouted across george's face. when he noticed the blonde's irritation he brushed the hair from his face to help their eyes meet in the middle. "exactly."

when their eye contact lingered longer than necessary dream felt his face warm. for no particular reason of course, not because of the way his eyes flickered to lips and imagined the feeling of them against his skin. especially not because of the embarrassment of being seen caught in such a passionate kiss in public.

no definitely not that.

dream had kissed him before, there was no reason for him to still be getting this worked up about the brunette's lips.

"you brought your headphones right?" of course george had to be the one to knock dream out of his trance and collect his full attention again.

dream had been so caught off guard by the question that he answered before he even knew what it was he was being asked. "yeah." he blinked back from surprise at how eager his answer had come out. more embarrassed now than if he would've been caught kissing the brunette.

george quickly caught onto the blonde's mortification and decided it was in his own best interest to tease him for it. "dream are you feeling alright?" he reached up a hand to press the back of his palm against his forehead. "i know i said i was warm, but if you're running a fever we could have just stayed home."

he tried not to linger on the fact that george had confidently expressed the apartment to be their home. "very funny george." by now he had managed to settle down from the dilemma he had brought upon himself, and remembrance of where the headphones were kept gave him an able opportunity to get back at the brunette.

literally how is devils advocate by the neighborhood the best song ever and why are there not more songs like it