13. Allison Part 2: Sharing is Caring

"Dorothy! We are good people. Like you said!"

Ally was whining her words angrily. The girl hadn't gotten any sleep last night, evident by her prolonged blinks and rubbing her eyes. Dorothy dependably brought the teen to the Dining Hall early. It was currently 5:04 a.m. The sluggish blonde was a lot less comprehensive than the older adult.

"We know that. But Lorelei wouldn't ever go for it."

Four minutes earlier, they arrived at the cafeteria. Dorothy had given Ally the complete run-down of Mount Weather's heinous life support tactic. Ally found it disgusting, but there were currently more pressing concerns on her mind. As explained, Dorothy was Switzerland in the middle of World War II. Whichever the outcome, she would still be the same person.

"The only sky crew here is the remaining hundred, and that is not ample blood to go around without casualties."

"How many people are here? How many of your people?"

"I told you. 382."

"We'll donate-when the time comes. Can't you be a little patient?"

"Allison, we've been draining for 56 years. My people have been patient. Plus, there is no telling if the Ark will make it here."

"Well, then, we'll help them."

"That isn't possible," Dorothy said what she'd been holding back. "Communication with The Ark remains stagnant."

Ally's hand flew to her mouth. "What?" she asked. Shay's parents were the first on her mind. She knew how close Shay was to her mom and dad. She couldn't say the same in her own experience.

"I'm sorry," Dorothy recited with sincere sympathy.

That doesn't mean they're dead. "I have an idea."

-

Ally's steps were hesitant, passing through Harvest Chamber. The smell didn't haunt her anymore; it was the easiest thing to take in. Dorothy followed closely behind as Ally strode with purpose into Dr. Tsing's medical room.

"I'll do a transfusion," she announced to the woman at the back of the room.

Once again, Tsing was startled. She clutched at her heart like she just witnessed a puppy get ran over. "Miss Watts, you scared me." She never could tell when someone was entering the room. "Wait. What?

"I said I'll participate. Let me be your test subject." She turned to Dorothy. "You said it was still in theory, right?" The blue-eyed woman frowned but nodded. Lowkey, she was not feeling this idea.

Lorelei smiled in disbelief. "You could be saving countless lives right now."

Ally didn't care about being a hero. (Good, cause she wasn't.) "All I care about is my best friend," she shrugged.

"Well, well." Dr. Tsing's eerie smile was still present on her face. "When is the most convenient?"

Ally rolled up her black sleeve. "How about now?"

-

Trust. Trust, deals, and negotiations. A group like the Mt. Men were by no means civil, but there was as good as your word.

Two weeks. Ally was trading information, and in return, geographical experts surveilled the area.

The green-eyed girl was behind the man and the woman behind the computers. "The Grounders can't get out of their cages, yeah?" she asked, eyes on the security video on the middle monitor. She frequented this room the most in the entire Mount Weather. Not only was there a 24-hour video of the woods, but she also liked talking to lieutenant Lovejoy.