6. "Passionate Destructions"

Y'all I had to write something I never thought I'd write in so much detail but it had to be done don't look at me differently 🥴

Feedback is appreciated 👀

I am sitting silently by myself in my tent after hearing the news. It may not show on my face, but I am enraged.

I expected Wells to lead with Clarke, but his life was brutally taken by a grounder, right outside of Delinquent City. I don't know how I'm even able to sit still I'm so upset. All I want to do is break a Grounder's neck, or at least ask them "why?" For a bunch of people who have been on the ground since the Nuke War, they certainly haven't evolved much from the violence-propelled mindsets of their ancestors. Why continue the cycle? Why not do better?

Why would they even have weapons in the first place? Oh, to hunt–that actually makes sense. But fuck, you'd think "ask questions first, shoot later" wouldn't be lost on these barbarians. I really just want to do something about it. Maybe go out and train like the Grounders have done. Then again, they'd had to have been at this for years. I've done nothing with the four? five? days I've been on the ground... shit!

I slap myself across the face to keep from giving in to my narcolepsy. It doesn't hurt or shock me because I expected it, but it somehow feels like someone else has hit me. It's only about ten in the morning, which means I've been up for an hour. Deidre was gone when I woke up. We let Jeremy bunk with us as well which meant no Ally. The two of them are sort of like reciprocals in the sense that they cancel each other out.

Not a lot of people showed up for Wells' burial–I know I wasn't one of them. I feel guilty. The one thing he wanted us to do was to keep our wristbands on, and I let mine be taken off because of a look. A look that shouldn't even have that power over me. I hope my mom and dad don't know that I'm down here at all. That way they don't know about the wristbands and what me taking mine off means. Deidre was there when I went and was still hanging by Clarke and Finn when I left. I'm in no rush to visit four bodies decomposing in the ground, but Wells was good. Wells, Clarke, and even Jeremy, and I are all from the same station, so I don't hold a grudge over him like a lot of the others here. Either way, things are going a lot slower down here. Everyone's mood has changed, and I can't blame them. We've had deaths, near-deaths, and torture. Not to joke about my disability, but thanks to it I don't take in a lot of the stuff that happens around here. Maybe that's how I'm holding onto my sanity. Or maybe it's because...

"Hey," he says approaching me. He had just emerged from the tent he used to share with Atom. He should be getting a bunkmate soon.

"You shouldn't be on your feet. You had a seizure just yesterday," I scold Jeremy lightly.

"Can I at least get a 'hi' back?"

I stop in my place. My legs stop moving on their way to my tall, redhead friend. What he said just reminded me so much of Kiran. He's someone from my past who I lost. And though Jeremy is a lot taller than him and they have no physical similarities, I see a piece of Kiran in Jeremy. I shake my head to free myself of those depression-inducing thoughts. "You get a good morning," I say. The looks from the few people around us go away when he fully approaches me.

"I just don't think it's fair that Jasper is already running around with Octavia when he almost died, but you expect me to stay in my tent all day."

"Of course I don't expect that. But it would be stupid of you to go running around." As I try to reassure him, I try to look at the left of his face. I hope he doesn't notice. I'm sad seeing the burns on his face. I don't think they will go away.

"How does my hair look?" He asks, cutting me off guard.

I blink a few times. "Your hair? I- good, as usual, I guess."