♡▪︎Chapter 9▪︎♡

"In Life, If you don't risk anything,
You risk everything"

–Mizuki(???) Urokodaki

____________________
__________
____________________

///A memory to Remember 1///

Mizuki watched as her crow flies away from her vision after saying it's piece, which is a new mission assigned to her.

"Caw! Caw! Urokodaki Mizuki! You have a new mission, Caw! People have been randomly missing over the past few weeks! Caw! Caw!" It told Mizuki repeating the mission twice before it flew away.

"Why did you leave so soon..?" Misuki muttered to herself as she hurriedly tracked down shiroi who kept flying steadily with its speed not even bothering to slow down.

'This bird does not even show a speck of concern over me, what if I lost track of him?' Mizuki asked herself as she kept up with shiroi's pace who upon seeing her catch up immediately sped up.

"Slow down a little, will you!" Mizuki shouted at shiroi as she sped up her running to not be left behind.

...

DISTRICT : ASAKUSA, TOKYO

"So this is where they've been disappearing..." Mizuki mumbled looking around the bustling city.

I have a bad feeling about this...

After familiarizing herself with the paths and places in the city, she immediately entered an alleyway where the aura of death is abundant.

"No matter how good these demons are at hiding, they can never hide the aura of life and death." Mizuki confidently smiled surveying the alley for anything suspicious.

After half an hour of waiting in the alleyway, Mizuki frowned as she left the alley with light footsteps to avoid attracting anybody's attention.

"Hm, that's strange.." Mizuki frowned as she felt the life core of a distorted aura[1] mixed with death shift in the alleyway she just left.

Locking down on the target, Mizuki acted normally as if she sensed nothing and walk back inside the alley again after hearing something crashing down.

"tskhehehe... Another delicious meal to have for tonight" A mutated demon mumbled out with a weird smile.

Swoosh!

Mizuki jumped back from her previous position when she felt the distorted creature shift and pounced with its claws out onto where she was earlier.

"What!? How did you dodge that!..?" The demon growled out, angry for its prey to escape its range of attack.

Without answering, Mizuki put her hand on her sword hilt and pulled it out.

"Don't ignore me, brat!" The demon lashed out and pounced on the approaching girl.

"Breath of Water- Third Form: Flowing dance."

Mizuki countered the demon's attack with one of her own.

Clap,clap.

"May Life treat you better than before, Rest in peace." Mizuki formally clapped her hands two times before bowing a little to pay respect to the decaying demon whose tears spilled out as every inch of it's being disappeared into dust.