♡▪︎Chapter 4▪︎♡

"Swords Break easily."
-Sakonji Urokodaki
"But he said, that i should treasure it dearly because my life really depended on it"
-Mizuki (???) Urokodaki

____________________
__________
____________________

|||The Final Selection¹|||

I left Sabito-san on his own after telling him what he had to do so he can successfully slice the boulder. I proceeded to go to where Tomioka-san is.

Tomioka sword was also chipped and he's having a hard time just like Sabito-san. "Tomioka-san, do you need any help?" I asked.

"Mizuki-san i don't need your help, I can slice this boulder on my own without any help." Tomioka-san said, deciding to be stubborn.

"Are you sure Tomioka-san? Sabito-san has accepted my help, and he might slash his boulder in half before you." I teased with a smile.

Tomioka-san perk up with what i said, "Alright, Mizuki-san, I need your help, please tell me how to easily cut this boulder." Tomioka-san eagerly asked.

I told Tomioka-san the same thing i said to  Sabito-san about total concentration breathing.

Tomioka-san nodded, as i left him and went to a river nearby to hone my breath of water forms.

||2 month's later||

A boulder was slashed in half by a young man with lavender blue eyes, with peach shoulder-length hair, with a scar on the right side of his mouth.

__________

A boulder was also slashed in half by a young man with dark blue eyes, with a medium-length messy black hair tied into a low pony tail. Right at the same time as the peach haired man.

__________

It has been 6 months now, i have seen that both Tomioka-san and Sabito-san had slashed their boulder in half.

I was standing next to Tomioka-san, "Congratulations on cutting your boulder Tomioka-san!" I smile as i patted his shoulder. "No, Thank you for the advice you told me, Mizuki-san." Tomioka thanked.

We than saw a peach haired man running up to us a smile on his face, "Sabito-san, Congrats on also cutting your boulder!" I told Sabito-san also patting his shoulder.

"Thanks, It's all thank's to you Mizuki-san." Sabito-san told me happily.

"Let's have a group hug!" I exclaimed as i hug both Sabito-san and Tomioka-san with each of my arms as they hugged me back.

"Sabito-san, Tomioka-san, Just call me Mizuki only from now on, after all were family and friends right?" I told them with a smile.

They both smiled back, "Mizuki, you should also call me Sabito now." Sabito replied back, "Me too Mizuki, stop calling me Tomioka-san just call me Giyuu from now on.

"Alright. Sabito, Giyuu." I smiled happily at them.

Ba-dum..!

Ba-dum...!

'What is this feeling?'  Both Sabito and Giyuu asked themselves.

Before they can think further on what that feeling was, Urokodaki-san walked infront of us.

"I'm glad that you two has finally cut your own boulder's." Urokodaki-san was smiling warmly behind his mask. "Now that you all have cutted each of your own boulder, it is time that i allow the three of you to attend the final selection this year." Urokodaki-san told us as he gave us our haori's.

Our haori's were all of the same colors and pattern, sky blue haori with white clouds all around.

We wore our haori's, as we thanked Urokodaki-san.

"The Final selection will be held at the Fujikasane Mountain. So hurry up, Giyuu, Sabito and Mizuki, I'm sure none of you would want to miss the final selection." Urokodaki-san told us as he gave us necessary things to survive with.

With that the three of us went on a journey to Fujikasane mountain, running as fast as we can before night time arrives.

We arrived at fujikasane mountain, cause i see some large stairs with wisteria tree's around.

We than rush up to climb the stairs, arriving at the top of the stairs where we saw 20 or more participants infront of us.

The black and white haired twins than started their long speech.

"We thank you for coming here tonight." -twins

"To the demon slayer corps final selection." -twins

I tune out everything they said. I felt a tug at the sleeve of my haori, i look who it was to see it was Giyuu.

I than followed both Giyuu and Sabito as we walk through the forest at night, such a dangerous place.

"We should not split up and fight through this together" i said.

"I agree, we are after all a family." Sabito said as Giyuu smiled.

"Firstly, we need to survive this night." I quietly told them as i look around for any presence.

"We should stay up at night, and rest in the morning, alright?" I asked Giyuu and Sabito who nodded and agreed with me.

"So we need to head east. We need to go our way to the place where the sun shines first!" I quietly said enough for them to hear as i run to the east with Sabito and Giyuu following me.

I stopped as both Giyuu and Sabito also stop. Looking around for the presence i felt i cannot feel it around so...

"From above?!" I looked up as i shouted, the three of us prepared our stances drawing our swords out.

An annoying demon fell down from above as it suddenly appeared behind me, feeling the demon behind me i quickly turned around.

The demons sharp nails clashing with my sword, two other demons appeared as both Giyuu and Sabito took them on as i fought the demon who fell from above.

I jumped back as i slash my sword to the demon.

I was kicked by the demon but i deflected it's attack with my sword, sliding backwards from the impact.

"It's been ages since i last had human flesh!" The demon i fought shouted as he dashed for me.

Putting my total concentration breathing to use it's skill as it was active in the first place.

Total concentration!

I saw a thread appear i front of me, the opening thread!

"Breath of water - First form : Water surface slash!"

I sheath back my swprd as i saw the head of the demon fall down as it disintegrates into ashes.

"May your soul rest in peace" I prayed to the demon as i saw that both Giyuu and Sabito had also beheaded the demon they were fighting.