Chapter 1

As the subway rambled on, you put your earbuds in and turned the Beatles all the way up. You closed your eyes and got comfortable in your seat. The car lurched to a stop but you barely moved. The other passengers were a different story. A black woman to your right nearly fell out of her seat. Across from you was the jerk who tried to get your number. He face planted on the ground. Then there was the tall guy standing to your left. He completely bit it. One minute he was there and then he wasn't. You barely had time to comprehend it before the air was knocked out of your lungs. You noticed your lap was surprisingly heavier. You looked down unsure and found the tall guy was all spazzed out on your denim - clad legs. You looked down as he looked up and you found his blush endearing. His face was completely red and he couldn't even look you in the eye. You laughed softly and grinned.

      "Nice way to break the ice. I'm (Y/N). What about you, mysterious Subway Man?" you smiled brightly.  If it was even possible, he blushed harder. You laughed again, not believing that you could make such a hot guy nervous. Just the thought made you laugh again. This time he answered.

      "I'm Reid, Spencer Reid. Nice to meet you (Y/N). I um, well I'm sorryaboutfallingonyou," he stammered out.

      "Well Spencer Reid, it's all good in the hood. So you need help getting up?" you asked with a smile. At your words he made a move to get up but he ended face - down once again. You laughed and reached down to grab his hand. With the subway still stopped, you reached down and pulled him up. He let loose a scream and you laughed yet again. You sat back down and scooted over. You patted the small space next to you and Spencer obliged. The subway car was still not moving.

      "So where are you going (Y/N)?" Spencer asked, trying to spark a conversation.

      "Well, I am actually heading to Quantico so I can join the -"

      "B. A. U.," Spencer interrupted and finished for you. He smiled shyly as you frowned slightly at him.

      "How'd you know? Hotch said not to say anything and I don't have my credentials yet and I don't have a tattoo on my forehead announc-" Spencer just laughed.

      "Ohh yeah, Hotch must've said something about a new recruit. I didn't even think about it, duh!" you laughed along with Spencer.

      You counted aloud on your fingers after you stopped laughing. 

      "Two.. three. So including you, I'll already know three people in the B. A. U.," you said more to yourself than to Spencer.

      "Who's the other person?" Spencer asked.

      "Penelope Garcia. I've known her since Hotch and I were growing up. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I would've handled Hotch all by myself," you explained, "So Spencer Reid, have any tips on how to handle Hotch on a case? All I know how to do is tick him off."

      "Umm well he's pretty lenient about names but he almost never smiles. So it's hard to tell if he's angry or sad. Otherwise, as long as you do your job, which I'm sure you'll do fine at, you'll be fine," Spencer turned his head to address you. You tore your earbud out in mock-shock.

      "Spencer Reid, are you telling me that Aaron Hotchner , aka my older brother, never  smiles?" you asked sarcastically.