Chapter 7

Eleanor had been waiting for that day for so long that she thought she would feel a lot better than she did.

She finally wasn't the Greenie anymore.

However, showing the new Greenie around wasn't exactly how she had planned on spending her day.

Alby had still been the one who gave him the tour, as was customary. But, apparently, it was sort of a tradition for the old Greenie to help the new-comer.

She had squinted her eyes at Alby when he had told her.

"Well, that's funny." She had said, "No one bothered to mention that fact when I arrived."

Alby had given her that look, that Alby look that said he was done with you.

She didn't feel like arguing with him so she did as she was told.

The Greenbean had come up early in the morning, asking more questions that she thought anyone was capable of asking.

Most boys had been hoping it was another girl, something she had overheard more than one boy saying. Although, no one wanted it more than she did.

Instead, Eleanor got to walk around with the living proof that she continued to be the only girl amongst that army of boys.

The newbie was called Pablo. She guessed he was around sixteen. He was tall and slender, but looked decently strong non-the-less. She was sure he'd find a decent job soon enough.

She had promised herself she would be nice to him, because she vividly remembered how much she could have used that when she had come up in the Box a month before. It was proving to be a lot easier said than done.

He didn't react like she thought all newbies would. He certainly did not react the way she had. He didn't look scared or shaken up like she had been. He seemed constantly angry and he was down-right rude and demanding. It was more than unnerving, and he made Eleanor really nervous. It was like walking a ticking time-bomb around.

She then thought she could introduce him to Gally. They'd make a lovely pair.

Still, she braced herself with as much patience as she could muster and managed to hold of until lunch.

As soon as they both had their lunch plates, she made her way over to the table where most Track-hoes were eating lunch and she cleared her throat.

They all looked up, surprised.

"Guys." She started, "This is Pablo."

Zart raised his eyebrows at her, questioning. She ignored it.

"Pablo, these are Zart, Mark, Leo, Louis and David."

He nodded letting her know he'd heard her, even though his scowl was clear as day.

"Okay, bye." She quickly left, ignoring the protest behind her back.

She was more than certain Zart was going to kill her but she didn't really care. She was so glad she had freed herself.

She smiled as she made her way outside to eat under the sun. Thankfully, none of them followed her out.

That night there was a bonfire, just like when she had come up in the box.

So much had changed over the course of that last month that she felt like a completely different person. She felt better and worse at the same time.

After she showered, washing the sweat and dirt from her run, she put on her nicest set of clothes. Well, they weren't specially nice, but they were her favourite: a pair of dark jeans that were the ones that fit her best and a green cargo jacket that she carried around in her arm for when the night got colder. Then, she wore a simply black tank top they she never usually wore because it made her feel self-concious.