Defend: Part 1: Intruders

"Okay, now, when facing someone with a knife, what's the biggest danger?" I ask, looking around at the members of Class 1-A. Shiozaki is looking at me with mild interest, either wanting to see my take or having just never seen this before. We're all standing in Gym Gamma, where there are currently about 11 or so foam mats on the floor. Against the wall closest to the door rest both of my rifle bags, as well as my exo-skeleton and my prosthetic attachments. . I'm wearing my full combat suit other than that, including my knife and pistol

I see Kamado raise her hand, and I nod at her. She responds, professionally and calmly. 

"The unpredictability." She says, and I nod. 

"Correct. Another danger is misdirection. When using a knife, attackers tend to lash out with the hand not holding the knife, and that means either one of two things. Either, A, it's just a decoy, or, B, they're trying to grab you, to get more leverage. Going back to the unpredictability, it comes down to this: you don't how they're going to attack. It could be a slash, a stab, or any other number of things. As such, you need to incredibly careful with fighting someone with a knife." I say, as Yachiru steps up, showing off a nasty-looking combat knife. Or it would be nasty, if it wasn't made of foam. 

"Now, this is a fairly simple disarm and/or takedown, but it works. Now, here's how this works. If someone charges you with a knife, and they try for a long-arm stab, you do this." I say and as Yachir extends her arm in an attempt to stab me, I sidestep the attempt, grab her wrist, then her neck, then slam her into the foam mat on the floor. I then force her wrist back enough to make her drop the knife, which I quickly catch, and throw aside. I quickly help her up, and Yachiru just rolls her neck, barely even reacting to the takedown I did. 

"Now, while a stab is fairly, something like that is incredibly uncommon. A reaching stab completely overextends yourself, and feel unnatural.  A more accurate attack angle is something more like this." I explain, as Yachiru brings the blade up from a low angle, aiming to hit under my ribs.  

"Can anyone tell me why this gives the attack an advantage?" I ask, looking around. After a few seconds, Nishijoira raises his hand

"It allows the attacker to hit multiple times, as fast as they can, and cause as much damage as possible." He says, and I nod

"Correct. An attacker can stab someone anywhere from 5 to 7 times in under five seconds. That a large amount of usually deep puncture wounds. As such, this is what you tend to see more often than not." I say, and I get ready to demonstrate what you should, an alarm begins to buzz. I look at Shiozaki as the kids start to panic a bit. Putting two fingers in my mouth, I let out a loud, piercing whistle, which shuts the kids up. 

"Jeez, calm down, will ya?" I mutter, shaking my head a bit. 

"Midoriya....we have an issue." Shiozaki mutters, and I glance at her

"Like what?" I ask over the alarm. 

".....A level four breach." Shiozaki mutters

"Meaning?" I ask

"Multiple dangerous individuals have breached the premises, standard procedure is hunker down, fight only if needed." She says, and I nod. 

"So, we do that. I assume multiple pros are on the way?" I ask, and she winces

"Communications have been blocked....entirely. We are effectively cut off from the outside world." She says, and I look over at the kids, who are talking among themselves. 

".....Yachiru, get over here." I say, and she runs up to us. Shiozaki gives her the rundown, and Yachiru ponders what she said

"Don't you have a satellite phone in your shotgun bag?" Yachiru asks, and I facepalm, hard.