The Sinner

"Phantom. Come in, Phantom." A voice crackles over my earpiece. It's my superior, Detective Tsukauchi. Now in his 40's, he's the current head of my department in the police force. Known simply as Hero Control and Capture Force, or HCCF. I got recruited right out of highschool, joining the force directly. Been on the force for three years yesterday. Honestly, I got more than a little intoxicated, but this mission needed to happen. 

 I'm currently lying on the roof with a large-caliber rifle, specifically, a Carbon Fiber variant on the semi-automatic Noreen Firearms Bad News. Chambered in .338 Lapua, this monster of round, usually weighing in at 250 grain, or 16.2 grams, it's designed for shooting at over 1500 meters. It's a cool night and calm night. Good for shooting. 

"I'm here, Papa Bird. Now, can you please shut up? I'm trying to hit this fucking shot." I mutter, then look through the sniper scope that's resting on the rails. I'm currently staring down a Pro Hero by the name of Grand Slam, a baseball focused hero.  Sadly, for him at least, he's a deadly threat, and the decision was made to eliminate him. Right now, he's talking with a group of yakuza who he runs with, allowing them to run their operations, as long as he gets a cut. I adjust my shot, making sure to take in wind and bullet drop. 

"Do you have the shot?" Tsukuachi asks

"Shot is ready. Waiting for clearance." I reply, and wait. After a few seconds, Tsukauchi's voice comes over the radio

"You are cleared to fire. I repeat, you are cleared to fire." He says, his tone calm and serious

"Acknowledged." I reply. I take a deep breath.........then pull the trigger. Watching through the scope, I watch as the round punches through the front of his skull, and explodes out the back, leaving a hole the size of a baseball, ironically. For good measure, I put a second round into his skull. 

"Target down. Pulling out now." I say, standing up, strapping the rifle to my back. Pulling my hood over my head, I activate my quirk, which I call Plain Sight, and begin to run off. Leaping over alleyways and hurdling random rooftop appliances, I eventually make it back to the Kanagawa Central Police Station. Landing on the roof, I walk around the helicopter, and head towards the door. 

"Good job, Midoriya." Tsukauchi says, opening the door on the roof for me. 

"I don't need thanks. I need some coffee." I mutter, pulling my hood down, and then pulling off my balaclava with a white skull design, letting my green hair floof out from my skull. Despite having the sides and back of head nearly shaved bald, with only a bit of hair on it, the top of my head still has my long green curly hair, albeit shorter than I had it when I was in middle school. 

"You need some rest. Paperwork can wait." Tsukauchi replies as we walk downstairs, into the semi-empty police station. Most of the regular cops have left, but almost all of my squad, the 9th Squad of the HCCF, are still here. 

"Nice shooting, Midori." My direct superior, Lieutenant Kirito Ichigo. A man of many words, most of the them violent, he's actually a pretty good guy when you get to know him. He's a tall man in his early 30's, a good three inches taller than my own 5'11" frame, with wide shoulders and a surprisingly toned frame, along with black hair and black eyes.  His quirk, which he calls 'Dual Wield' allows him to summon two swords and attack with them. How it works, I got no fucking idea. Nonetheless, he's an excellent fighter, and an even better cop. 

"Thanks. You got some coffee?" I ask, and the man nods, and hands me a steaming hot mug. 

"Death Wish coffee. Just how you like it." He says, and I nod in thanks. 

"Izu-chan!" An eternally happy voice catches my attention. A small woman with pink hair and blue eyes practically tackles me in a hug, causing me to stumble.