flowers, stars, and everything nice

doing a short cutesy before finishing the 3 parter cus my mind is foggy - request by @mystertyro aakh this is such a cute idea, i love sappy stories too much

'...so I walk out furiously and he's just standing there with flowers! Turns out he stole them from some high-end place and they cost 800 eddies!'

Claire grins at me while pouring out another drink. 'You really don't know huh?'
'Know what? Oh! Is Jackie finally on the menu here? Or the ridiculous price for the flowers, 'cause that seemed sketchy to me too but you never know anymore.'
'No silly, that he likes you.'
'Likes me? Sure he does, otherwise he would've found some other biz choom a long time ago. We trust eachother.'
'No, he likes you V' She raises one eyebrow and backs away to another person sitting impatiently at the bar.

The words enter my brain and I register it all way too fast, I get a little dizzy and to ad on to everything just at that moment a loud chair gets moved right next to me.

'What'd I miss?'
He looks at me, I look at Claire and Claire looks back at us.
'Clearly I missed something.' He says puzzled.
Claire winks at me and turns around.

'Y- you like me?'

A simple yet childish question that did not need an answer, it was clear as day. He stole flowers, not just for the thrill of it, or because it's an expensive gift, but because he knows I love flowers. He knows my preferred radio station because he always puts it on when we drive together, even if he doesn't enjoy the music it plays. He even knows my favorite shirt, because he proposed to pay for the cleaning of the damn thing when we did a gig and it got covered in fucking blood. He knows me all too well.

'Ofcourse I like you V, and you like me too otherwise we wouldn't be here, ay chica?'
'I need a breather, I think. Be right back.'

It all comes down on me at once. I stumble to the elevator and go to the roof, once I sit down and look up at the stars I can finally breathe.
A soft whisper escapes my mouth 'Fuck. What did you get into V.'

I love flowers, I love flowers because they're drawn all over his neighborhood, on walls, cars, even his clothes had flowers on them. Sure it's all Valentino grafitti but it reminds me of him. The radio station is so dear to me because it always plays this one song that was playing the first time we went into the afterlife, it reminds me of him. The shirt too, of course the shirt too, it was his and I stole it, cut it to make it a crop top and he didn't even notice. Everytime I wear it it reminds me of him. Everything reminded me of-

'There you are! I was looking for you chica.'
'Hi Jackie.'
He sits down next to me.
'You looked a bit cramped in there, thought i would find you here. You always love the stars.'
'Yeah.'

Suddenly I remember, and it all comes back to me. The last droplet before the bucket overflows.

It was maybe a year ago when my cat died, it ruined me. I was stuck in bed for days and one night, at 2 am, he walks in and pulls me out of bed. He brought me to the stars that night. It woke me up, made me realise sitting in sadness wasn't going to make it dissapear. Now, whenever it all becomes too much for me, I peak at the stars and know that it'll be okay.
He helped me then and every time after that.

Slowly I look away from the stars and up at his dimly lit face.

'I love you Jackie.'
'I love you too V, always have.'