013 | i'm okay

(tw: mentions of overdose- i made sure to be vague, but if this makes you uncomfortable please don't feel bad if you can't read; the story will still make sense if you have to skip <3)

third person

phoebe woke up the next morning, tired after coming home the night before. jack brought her home after hanging out with mira and zach all night. the days seemed to be going so fast, as january was going to end in just a week. she found herself having less and less reasons to get out of the bed in the morning 'til it came to the point where she'd only get out of bed if she had plans with her friends.

thalia started to notice it too, but she chose not to say anything. she believed it was a phase and for the first time her niece was truly happy. and though she saw less of her in the house, she trusted her gut that what she was doing was right. but at the same time, a small part of her wondered if she made the right decision in dropping everything.

looking at the clock, and seeing it was only 9 o'clock, phoebe went into her bathroom and took a cold shower to wake herself up. she wore another oversized hoodie and shorts, her usual fit when she stayed home. she was alone too, since thalia was at work again. she's been busy lately too with new clients in the new year.

she always considered getting a job, or something that would take up her time. after dropping out of college, there wasn't much for phoebe to do outside of her house that was considered productive.

thinking of doing something useful, she grabbed a garbage bag and some rags and decided to clean up her room. blasting her playlist on her phone into her bluetooth speakers, the first song playing was my ex's best friend, her favorite off mgk's album. singing every word, doing air drums as well. it was her favorite thing about being home alone or driving alone, her music would scream her feelings and she wouldn't care.

once her bedroom was done, she went into her bathroom to clean out her cabinets that she rarely organized. the drawers at her sink weren't too bad, but she organized them anyway and planned to get some organizers for them later. sitting criss cross on the cool bathroom tile, she came across a big plastic bin under her sink.

phoebe pulled it out and placed it on her lap, its familiarity slowly hitting her. the second she opened the lid and saw the outdated pill bottles, all the memories hit her.

. . .

it was late june or early july, somewhere around that time, phoebe didn't remember. she came home passed midnight on a tuesday night after spending it with her friends apart from mira and evie. they were people she knew from school, and then some. most of them were mutual, but they had the same interests as her.

she came home drunk, but tried her best not to wake up thalia. she was already on her bad side after getting into a bad argument with her the weekend before. that was their routine most days. phoebe would do something that wasn't the smartest, thalia would make her accountable for it, then the two would argue about it for the rest of the day. sometimes she'd be threatened to get kicked out of the house, but even back then both of them knew that wouldn't happen.

coming home with a pounding headache, phoebe made it up to her room and inside her bathroom to her sink. she opened the cabinet to look for anything for her headache, something to lessen the pain. grabbing the bottle of what she thought was advil, was her prescription pills for her anxiety. it had been a while since she really took them, or taken them properly for that matter. she started taking them in high school, the smallest dosages that were only to be taken when she had bad attacks. but being long out of high school, and seemingly numb to the pain, she didn't find a care to take any.