⁽ ⁰⁵ ⁾ "𝑃𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑀𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑆𝑒𝑖𝑗𝑜ℎ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on january 24th, 2021 @ 10:42pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIVE - PRACTICE MATCH WITH SEIJOH

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL, everyone gathered in the gym, sitting on the ground as they listened to Daichi who was telling them about their positions for the practice match. "Now, concerning the positions for the practice match... I think this is how we'll do it." He said as he showed them the board that he held.

Atsushi looked at the board to see that he was a wing spiker. Then, he noticed that Hinata was in a position for tall people.

"I want to use Kageyama and Hinata as a set, and Tsukishima is one of our few tall players. I want to see how you'll fight against Seijoh." Daichi informed.

"Yes." Tsukishima replied with boredom.

"You're using Hinata where height matters?" Tanaka questioned.

"Middle Blocker? I'm in the same position as the lanky jerk Tsukishima?" Hinata exclaimed. Atsushi chuckled a little at his words as Tsukishima gave Hinata an annoyed look.

"Oh, j-just a second. Can I read up on the positions?" Takeda asked, reading a volleyball book.

"Setter: The control tower that tosses for spikes and organizes the offense. Wing Spiker: An all-round, well-balanced player who attacks the core of the opponents. Middle Blocker: He defends against the opponents offense, and scores points. Mainly using "quick." Furthermore, he plays the decoy to draw the opponents blockers away." Takeda reads before looking over at Daichi.

"Would you say these are right?" He asked.

"For now, those are all." Daichi replied with a gentle smile.

"Listen, Hinata... you're the ultimate decoy." Kageyama announced making Hinata yell in amazement.

"The ultimate... decoy?" Hinata exclaimed but he didn't seem to like how that sounded. "There's something uninspiring about that."

"We'll let you score lots of points using "quick" and direct the opponents blockers attention to you. That's when the other spikers will come into play." Kageyama explained making Hinata give him his attention.

"Oh." Hinata gasped out.

"Big guys like Tsukishima will fall like idiots to your movements... that'll feel good, won't it?" Atsushi grinned, Tsukishima had an annoyed look on his face.

"I like it. I like it a lot." Hinata agreed.

"Hey. Are you calling Tsukki an idiot?" Yamaguchi exclaimed.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima hissed.

"Sorry, Tsukki." Yamaguchi apologized.

"On the other hand, if you're not effective, know that the other attacks will all fail." Kageyama stated bluntly, pressuring the orange haired male.

"Hey... don't put so much pressure on him." Daichi whispered.

"All fail... All fail.. All fail."

Daichi widened his eyes. "You see?" He stated to Kageyama.

"What about blocking though?" Tanaka asked. "Even if he can jump high, the taller players will reach the highest point of their jump faster."

"Yes, the reason we want Hinata to be the focus of blockers isn't to smack down the opponents spikes, but to touch them. With Hinata's crazy reflexes and speed, he can touch the opponents spikes, and slow down their momentum. We'll set the pace to our advantage and make our counterattack." Daichi explained.