⁽ ⁵⁷ ⁾ "𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑂𝑓 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑠"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the last chapter of season three! Also, the joust between Atsushi and his older brother will be happening! Also, some slight spoilers for season four, nothing too major, I'll just be mentioning a team that will appearing in that season. Enjoy!

edited on february 20th, 2022 @ 7:11am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN - THE BATTLE OF CONCEPTS

HINATA SLAMMED THE BALL PAST SAKAMOTO, but Wakatoshi was there to catch the ball on time. "Shirabu!" He called out.

"Right!"

"A straight!" Tsukishima warned. "Ready, and..."

Tsukishima and Asahi jumped up to block Wakatoshi as Hinata received the ball with his face, the impact knocking him back. Atsushi quickly dived down to save the ball before it hit the court.

"Tobio, get the last!" Atsushi shouted out to his boyfriend before turning over towards the orange-haired male. "Hinata, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Hinata reassured as Kageyama received the ball.

"It's in!"

Yamagata received the ball back in the air. "Got it!" Shirabu informed. "Ushijima-san!"

Shirabu tossed the ball into the air as Atsushi watched his older brother run up. "It's frustrating... All throughout my junior high career, all I heard was the same exact thing, over and over..." He thinks to himself.

"You'll never be as good as your older brother!"

"Stop trying to be like Ushijima-san!"

"His skills will always be overshadowed by yours!"

"Atsushi!"

The brunette looked over and saw Daichi smiling at him, along with Sugawara and Asahi. The second-years and his fellow first-years were right behind them, staring at him.

"That's right... I always held back my power because I was afraid of what others thought of me. My seniors in junior high would always resent me because they thought I was trying to be like Toshi-nii. Karasuno... they didn't treat me like dirt. They welcomed me. So I have to swallow my pride and my admiration for Toshi-nii in order to win!" Atsushi told himself, and began running up the same time as Wakatoshi.

"I'm going to prove to everyone that I'm not just "Ushijima Wakatoshi's little brother!" I'm going to make a name for myself!"

Atsushi jumped up the same time as his older brother, locking the two of them into a joust and shocking the audience, Iwaizumi and Oikawa, as well as both Karasuno and Shiratorizawa.

"A joust!"

"It's Ushijima versus Ushijima! I didn't think we would see them actually battling it out!"

Wakatoshi made eye contact with his Atsushi, his glare staring right back at him. "I've spent my entire volleyball career trying and trying to prove to everyone that I'm not just your brother! They constantly compared me to you everyday!" He ranted on. "Karasuno... they didn't do that! They didn't care if I was related to the famous Ushijima Wakatoshi, as long as I could help them move forward, that's all that mattered! Do you have any idea what it's like living in your damn shadow? News flash, Wakatoshi, you don't have a fucking clue!"

Atsushi pushed the volleyball onto Shiratorizawa's side, an image of him with Shiratorizawa's team shattering, as if he was finally letting go. Yamagata quickly received the ball back over, in which Kageyama was able to save it.