My Oasis

"You're late." I said as I roll my eyes.

Jisoo just gave me an apologetic smile as she sat across me.

"Got caught up with something, sorry." She said as she scratch her nape.

"Buy me foods with that apology." I said that made her chuckle.

"Yes ma'am." She said with a playful salute and stood up to order.

We're currently at a cafe to start with our turned to reality project. I remembered hearing Jisoo chuckle beside me as our professor announced that he'll be giving us one as part of our requirement to pass this semester.

"I don't know if I should be happy about this or not." I told her as our prof gives instructions.

"Well you won't be lying anymore so just be happy." She whispered back amusement laced on her voice and continued to listen to whatever the hell our prof is saying.

--

As we were in the middle of discussing what to do, someone rudely interrupted us by calling Jisoo's name in the loudest most irritating voice I've ever heard.

"Oh my god it's really you! How have you been?" She exclaimed as she invited herself to sit with us. I just rolled my eyes as I leaned back to my sit and crossed my arms on my chest.

Who the fuck is this? Can't she see we're doing something?

Do you guys believe in hate at first sight? Well not really hate, but I just don't like her. This girl is somehow annoying, I don't even know her and I don't even know why.

Her hand is on Jisoo's thigh which she didn't seem to mind, so maybe they're really close? She even hugged her as she call her name and Jisoo didn't protest. I mean I know Jisoo and I know that she doesn't like people touching her other than her friends.

Why does this irritate me so much though? She's being a bother can she leave already? I still need to do some things. I look at my watch as Jisoo caught my attention.

"Hey by the way this is Rosé." Jisoo introduced me so I put on a fake smile but the girl didn't even look at me as she nod at what Jisoo said. Okay?

"And Rosé this is Soojoo."

"Nice to meet so Soojoo but can you go?" I asked sweetly that made Jisoo laugh.

What's so funny Kim Jisoo?

"What?" The Soojoo girl asked offended but I couldn't care less.

"Sorry. We're actually working on a project and we need to finish this as soon as possible. Let's hang out some other time okay?" Jisoo told that girl that made her smile so bright it actually hurt my eyes.

"Oh okay! I'll call you later. Bye!" She chirpily said as she kissed Jisoo's cheek and left. Okay if I'm annoyed earlier, now I'm pissed. Why? I don't know!

"Are you okay?" I heard Jisoo asked that made me look at her and raise my brow.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked back that only made her chuckle.

"Okay so where were we?" She asked ignoring my question as she look at her notes infront of her.

"Oh okay, so I'll talk to Seulgi about the design and Bill of Materials and we could star--"

"You guys seem close."

"What?" She asked as she took her eyes off the screen of her laptop.

"You're not bothered by her clinginess." I continued that made her chuckle in realization.

"Oh Soojoo? Yeah she's cool." She said dismissively as she look at her laptop again.

"What will we call the restobar by the way?" She asked as she look at me.

"Are you guys friends or??" I continue to ask which made her frown.

"That's... an odd name." She trailed off genuinely confused that made me laugh.

"Is she one of your flings?" I asked again amused at her cluelessness. She's so cute even when frowning this is so unfair.

"What? Why does it matter?" She asked when she finally got what I mean.

"Nothing, I'm just curious." I said with a shrug that made her roll her eyes.

"She's an old friend." She said nonchalantly that made me raise my brow again.

"An old friend, you mean ex?"

"Yes, so can we please continue?" She asked bored as she focus on her laptop again.

The thought of her being with that Soojoo girl made me upset for no reason and now I'm not really in the mood to continue.

"Oh look at the time, I still need to go somewhere. Let's continue this tomorrow." I said as I look at my watch again and grab my stuff to leave.

She looked outside and noticed that it's already dark that made her quietly pack her things too.

"Where are you going? I'll drive you there." She said as we walk towards the exit.

"No thank you, it's actually just around the corner. I can walk." I declined her offer as she open the door for me.

"I'll walk you there then."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I said as I avoid her gaze.

I'm not dumb, I know she still has feelings for me. But we both know I couldn't reciprocate it.

I think she got what I meant as she stopped by her car and waved goodbye as I continue walking.

But why am I feeling guilty? I've done this before, go on dates every once in a while to get Lisa out of my head but why does this feel so wrong this time?

I look back at Jisoo and saw her leaning on her car probably waiting for me to enter the establishment where the fancy restaurant is.

She's always been like this, so caring, gentle and sweet even when I know she's hurting. I hate that she's hurting but she needs to get over me. And maybe letting her see me with somebody else would help her.

I would rather her hurt now and move on than be completely gone if ever I give us a chance and we don't work out. I'm selfish I know, but that's the only way I think I could keep my oasis. She's my oasis, she's my refuge and maybe that's why I'm annoyed with that Soojoo girl. Because I know she could take her away from me.