Burn the House Down

"Dude I didn't have any choice! His men cornered me." Seulgi defended herself as she frustratingly sit beside me. We're on a restaurant just in front of our uni for lunch.

"So what's your plan Chu?" Vince asked as our order came.

"I have to move again." I said as I poke my fried chicken, I suddenly don't have the appetite to eat.

"Or you could just talk to him?" Seulgi suggested that made me glare at her. She laughed at my reaction and started eating.

"I think she's right. You can't run forever Chu." Jaewon said backing up Seulgi.

"You know what that means. Do you really want me to just throw away my life? I'm starting to be happy." I told them honestly not looking at them. I'm embarrassed to tell them that, I don't want them to see me weak.

"Try convincing him this time, talk to him like a normal daughter would do for a change." Seulgi said that made Jaewon and Vince nod in agreement.

"Our family's not normal. Let's start there." I said as I roll my eyes thinking of how fucked my family is, if you call us a family.

I mean it's just me and my father now, and we're not even in good terms. He wants me to manage all his illegal businesses but I don't want to get involved in any of that. I want a peaceful life. I don't want thugs running after my family. I don't want police tailing me everywhere I go. I don't want my child to witness the things I've seen. I don't want them to be like me.

"But aren't you getting tired of running? And do you really think you could just leave Chaeyoung and move somewhere else?" Vince asked that made me stop playing at my food.

Chaeyoung. God how could I forget. This is why I don't want to get attached to anyone because I know that I'll be leaving them behind when times like this comes. But look where I am now, I can't believe I'm contemplating on actually talking with my father just to stay here with her when she's not even mine.

"Just talk to him alright?" Vince said as he bid his good bye, said he and Jaewon still has other business to go to leaving me with Seulgi.

"I knew that by just saying her name would make you think twice about this situation." Seulgi suddenly said beside me that made me stop thinking of how I'll talk to my father.

"Huh on second thought just run again, leave your feelings behind. I mean you're also hurting staying here anyway." Seulgi continued with a shrug that made me glare at her.

I can't leave her.

I flinched as she put ointment on my cuts.

"Sorry. Just a little more and I'll be done." She quickly apologize as she carefully tend on my knuckles, her blonde hair falling at the side of her face as she focus on it with a cute little frown on her face. I couldn't help but study her face, she looks so pretty.

Okay god I should stop staring like a creep.

I looked around her apartment, I saw an ashtray at the coffee table with a few cigarette butts, is that her's? I look at her again, yeah probably not. I also noticed that there's another door aside from the bathroom door so maybe that's another room? The thought made relax knowing she's not alone here. Does she have a boyfriend? The thought made me uneasy for some reason but I chose to shrug it off.

"Thank you." She whispered with sincerity as she look at me. Her mesmerising eyes caught me off guard I think I could get lost in them. She looks so soft, so vulnerable that all I wanna do is protect her.

I cleared my throat as I mutter a 'no problem' that made her look at me curiously.

"What?" I asked as she continue to give me that look on her face.

"For girl that just beat the crap out of a guy, you look so.. timid." She said still curiosity on her voice that made me chuckle a little.

"What do you expect exactly?" I asked as I tilt my head to the side to look at her pretty face.

"I- I don't know." She said as she blush that made me chuckle again. She's so cute.

"I'm Jisoo by the way. Kim Jisoo." I introduced myself with a smile as I offer my now gauze covered hand.

"Park Chaeyoung. And thank you again, for saving me." She said with a grateful smile and I think my world stopped as she beamed at me and I swear to myself that I will always be here to protect this girl. No matter what happens.

--

"Maybe I should just burn his house down." I seriously said as I look at the lit cigarette at my hand that made Seulgi laugh.

"I'll tell the two to buy lots of gasoline then." She then said as her laughter died down. We just finished lunch and are outside the restaurant smoking before going back at the university.

"I still don't get why you like that. It tastes like wood." Seulgi again said as she look the my cigarette, Marlboro red. I then look at hers, it's the black one, mentol.

"Tastes like comfort to me." I answered that made her chuckle again. "We all have different taste." I continued as I finish mine and stomp on the the cigarette butt.

"Meet me after your classes, don't forget the gasoline." I told her as we walk towards the uni.

"You'll just piss him off more " Seulgi said chuckling as she shake her head.

"That's the idea." I said as I pat her shoulder and we part ways.

--

Leave me alone.

I sent my father a text as I watch Jaewon and Vince pour gasoline everywhere.

I want to thank god that my father  don't hire house cleaners or helpers. This makes this so much easier.

"Faster. I think the guards noticed us." Seulgi said as she look out the window and sure there are guards walking towards the mansion.

I puff at my cigarette as I grab another container and walk towards my father's office.

I started pouring gasoline at his table, the cabinets, the shelves, everywhere. I then threw my cigarette by the door as I get the hell out of there.

"Let's go." I said as I reached my friends that are now here at the kitchen turning all the appliances on.

"Fire alarms all down." Vince jogged towards us with a smirk.

"Nice, now let's go before this place blows up." Jaewon said laughing as he put his arm on Vince's shoulder.

I then looked at Seulgi as we follow them at the backdoor where Jaewon's pickup truck is waiting.

"Make the guards chase us." I told Jaewon as we enter the truck. We need to distract them away from the house.

"I hope you don't regret this Chu." Jaewon said as he start the engine and made a sign of the cross before driving that made us all laugh.

"I never regret the things I do Jaewon." I told him with a smirk as I roll the window down and point the gun at one of the guards feet as we approach a bunch of them.

"Never." And I shoot.