Chapter 2 - A Vicious Murder

CHAPTER 2 - A VICIOUS MURDER

BEATRIXIA

Edward was the one who collected our money and ordered our food. We settled down at the table near the counter, so that we won't struggle in getting our trays. It's unusually very noisy in the cafeteria today. When I was in 7th grade, the cafeteria wasn't as noisy like this.

Maybe it's because I'm just too paranoid and wary about my surroundings?

Riann started to blabber nonsense things to Edward and Dwaynell, while me and Dwight remained silent.

"Oo! Tapos naaalala ko din nung nagkaro'n ng intramurals dito, ako sana yung pambato ng Grade 7 sa muse pageant kaso na-sprain ako."

I saw how Riann pouted like a baby who's begging for attention from her parents while talking to the boys. Typical Riann. Because the counter is packed with noisy students, the cashier had a hard time in receiving their orders, and also, wasn't able to call us when our food was ready.

"Hey, the food's ready na, guys." Sabi ko. Nagsitayuan kaming lima at kinuha ang mga tray namin mula sa counter, bago bumalik sa pwesto namin.

Tahimik kaming kumakain nang biglang mukhang nabulunan si Riann at Edward ng magkasabay dahil sa sobrang excited nila sa pag-kain.

"Slow down, you'll choke yourselves again." I advised.

"Such like little kids." Dwaynell said in disbelief.

"Such like little kids."  Riann mocked, "Siguro 'pag nagka-anak ka 'di mo aalagaan!" She rolled her eyes.

Dwight didn't bother to say a word and just continued to eat his light meal. I wonder if this boy's on a diet because he looks like someone who's very health conscious. As for I observed, he only ordered vegetables, no rice, pancakes and a diet bar. Oh, he also bought a vegetable shake.

"Stop staring, that's rude." bulong niya sa 'kin at agad ko namang iniwas ang paningin ko sa kan'ya.

"Is he really that vegetarian?" I whispered to Dwaynell.

He chuckled, "Yes. He is really that vegetarian that people may think that his poo could also be green." So, he's somehow an ambivert, as I observed.

Ah! Too much observations.

I couldn't eat well because Riann and Edward are too noisy, gathering a lot of students' attention, watching them with bewildered expressions.

Guess what Edward and Riann are doing... an eating contest. The one who finishes their meals first is the winner, so they are busy eating and are making clattering noises enough to attract the metals in the surroundings.

"Ang babastos ninyong kumain." I said in an 'As a matter of fact' tone. Napatigil naman sila sa pag-kain. Puno ang bibig nila ng mga iba't-ibang pagkain at agad na ngumiti at nag-peace sign.

"Hehe. Showwy naman Bea." Nabubulol na saad ni Riann habang pilit na nginunguya ang pagkain sa bibig.

"Oo nga, pweace." dagdag naman ni Edward while preventing the food to come out from his mouth by covering it. Dwaynell just grinned from amusement that the two could eat as much food.

"Ang dami niyong kinain ah. Pati yung pagkain ko ubos na." Dwaynell said. Doon lang napagtanto ng dalawa na they also ate Dwaynell's food because of the excitement they had while competing with each other.

"Sowy." They both said in unison. Tinapos na namin ang aming mga pagkain bago bumalik sa classroom.

On the way to the classroom, I felt the urge to go to the restroom so I stayed behind and turned to the direction where I will be heading to. As soon as I was finished, I washed my hands and looked at my reflection in the mirror.