Chapter 11 - We're Still Starting

CHAPTER 11 - WE'RE STILL STARTING

BEATRIXIA

"Isang buong araw na naman ang nakalipas. Nakakabaliw naman 'to," Edward sighed.

"Seems like it's been a year even if it's just been weeks. This is driving me crazy." Riann agreed to Edward in an indirect way.

"Driving us crazy," Edward responded.

It's 8 P.M. We're all eating our dinner after a never ending tiring day. Good thing, Edward is a good cook. Same as Dwaynell. I only cook light meals such as fried rice, hotdogs, eggs, bacon, and toasted bread. Huh, silly me.

I looked at Dwight who's typing something in his laptop while eating his dinner. I don't know what he's searching for, so, I gave a glance to Dwaynell, in front of me, eating his food who looks like he's going to lose his appetite. He looks like a kid dealing with fever. He might be drowned in his unknown thoughts.

"Dwaynell," I said in a low voice so that the others can continue eating without being disturbed.

He just looked at me with his eyes and remained in his position, chewing his food so slowly. He looked away. As I stared at him for a while, it felt like I can read his mind through his weakly gorgeous eyes.

A tear dropped from his right eye and also in his left eye in sequence.

I gulped.

Now, I remember everything. Every thing. I remember each peculiar thing I saw. Such as the tattoo in his arm, and how he brokedown knowing his life is in jeopardy.

I stared at him. My heart almost skipped a beat when he looked straight at my eyes. I didn't look away from his eyes but I chewed and swallowed my food consecutively.

All I can hear is the sound of the keyboard, Edward and Riann's murmuring and giggling, and my breath. It felt like my whole world stopped and I could barely hear something.

'But please don't tell anyone about what you just witnessed,'

'please..'

I hardly closed my eyes and shook my head after remembering those words he told me that night.

Now, I am also confused in his real being.

"I... promise not to surrender...whatever happens," He said in a low voice, enough for me to hear and understand it.

"I don't do promises," I replied.

"Okay," He tilted his head a bit to the right. "I'll make sure not to surrender whatever will happen." He said while wiping his tears, and stood up with his plate, spoon and fork then went to the sink to wash his used dishes.

I also stood up and walked towards the sink to wash mine. I sighed and leaned onto the counter top to look at him - Dwaynell.

"You look exhausted," I weakly smiled a bit.

"I am," He answered. "You should rest after this." He added and walked away from me to the couch and leaned his back on it.

I stayed in here and saw how Dwight went from his laptop to the sink for it's his turn to wash his dishes. I didn't go away as he's in the middle of rinsing and looked at me.