Chapter 6

Jasper, Emily, and I were in a small coffee shop near our school. Emily ordered black coffee, as usual. She claims she couldn't survive a day without it. Meanwhile, Jasper ordered some iced coffee with lots of whip cream on top of it. And well, I ordered a hot chocolate drink with marshmallows on top. (No judging) For some odd reason, I never liked caffeine. Even the smell of coffee makes me nauseous. Weird, I know.

"She's giving me the creeps," Emily declared, shuddering slightly.

The three of us looked in the direction of her eyes and spotted Lara. Lara was trying her best to capture Jasper's attention by crossing and re-crossing her exposed legs. She also had been bending down so often to expose her cleavage. When she finally caught Jasper's eyes, she gave him a slow, coy smile.

Jasper looked away, looking frightened. "I'm considering calling the police."

Emily nodded sympathetically. Then as an afterthought, she asked, "What made you like her anyway? I mean, she's not even that pretty."

I gave Emily a withering glance. Of course. If you're as gorgeous as Emily, you would think people like Lara were not even that pretty. I wondered how Emily saw me. She probably thought I looked like a monkey.

Jasper glared at Emily. "I don't even want to talk about it."

"Come on," Emily pleaded. She gave her best puppy dog eyes to Jasper. "I so want to know!"

Jasper looked away, suddenly looking a little bit red on the face. "I was trying to make someone jealous," he admitted grumpily. "Plus, Lara dated anyone with a dick. I didn't think she was going to be serious with me."

This was big news to me. My lips stopped midway from the cup. I divided a look between Emily and Jasper. Emily looked pleasantly surprised. Meanwhile, Jasper was looking anywhere else but her eyes.

"So," Emily started, looking hooked. Her brown eyes were sparkling at the prospect of a juicy gossip. "Did it work?"

Jasper started to stare at his coffee like it's the most fascinating thing in the world. "No."

Emily bit her lower lip. I knew she was trying not to ask, but she couldn't help it. "Who're you trying to get jealous?"

Jasper looked up at her chocolate eyes, and then suddenly looked away. "Not gonna tell you."

Bingo.

A devilish grin escaped my lips. "Oh okay," I said intelligently. "Now I get it."

Jasper's head snapped at me. His cheeks were redder than before. "What do you mean?"

I gave him my best duh face. He was so totally into Emily. That's the only logical explanation for this. I mean, he couldn't even look her in the eyes! I sipped on my hot chocolate, trying to stop myself from teasing them like little kids. How did we tease when we were kids again? Oh right! Jasper and Emily sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Emily raised an eyebrow. "Care to share what the hell you guys are talking about?"

Jasper shrugged. "Who knows how her brain operates?"

I simply took another sip of my hot chocolate. I was going to confirm my theory later when Jasper and I were alone. I mean, I couldn't just ask him with Emily right here with us. Of course Jasper would deny it in her presence.

Jasper, obviously trying to change the topic said, "I heard there's a new kid in town."

Emily and I shared a look. Then Emily giggled. "Yeah, Belle actually toured him around the school. He's super hot and super snobbish. Have you seen him?"