Chapter 12

Notes: The long-awaited sex scene! Warning for anal, but it's pretty classy and tender, if I do say so myself. Unless anal is a major squick for you, the average reader should be fine with it.
________________________________________

Korra tensed as Asami's lips captured hers, tasting like salt. Like grief and desperation. It was a call for compassion she couldn't ignore. Tenderly, she cupped Asami's cheeks, wiping the tear-streaks away. "I'm here," she whispered, allowing their breaths to mingle. "I'm here, Asami."

Asami clung to Korra's shirt, looking at her with wet, shining eyes. "Korra. Please."

Korra's heart ached. There was audible pain in Asami's voice, pain she wanted nothing more than to soothe. If her mate had finished talking, there was only one way to help. She considered the bed, but decided against it. Part of her feared Asami might withdraw if she was too tender. Might decide she didn't deserve comfort after all.

Instead, Korra backed Asami into the wall. The omega looped both arms around her neck, combing frantic fingers through her hair. The contact sent shivers down her spine, and she groaned as she took Asami's mouth again. They both needed this. She felt it in the way Asami trembled, in the way her own body melted at the mere thought of release—not just a physical release, but an emotional one.

Undoing her own pants was difficult, since their bodies were pressed so close. Asami seemed disinclined to help, too busy kissing and clinging to be of assistance, but eventually, Korra managed to unfasten her fly and ease her cock out. Already half-hard, it swelled as soon as she touched it, giving an almost painful twitch as Asami's hand batted hers away.

The nonverbal command was clear: No, let me.

Korra had meant to establish and keep control, but found herself shaking as Asami squeezed her cock, thumb rolling across its tip. She buried her face in Asami's shoulder, groaning as heat unspooled in her belly. With one touch, she was already helpless.

Asami pumped her length, pausing to gather her wetness at the top of each stroke. And there was plenty of wetness. In a matter of seconds, Korra had become a fountain. She throbbed, fighting the urge to come. Only a few seconds had passed. How was she already so close? Need, maybe. The need to connect with her mate. To comfort Asami and be comforted in turn.

But a handjob wouldn't provide everything they both wanted. After placing a wet, open kiss onto Asami's mating mark, and enjoying the shudder that resulted, Korra collected what little remained of her focus in order to remove Asami's pants. Her fingers fumbled with the buttons, but eventually, she shoved the waistband past Asami's hips.

Another moment of awkwardness followed as Asami attempted to toe out of her boots without bending down. With a huff, she gave up and let go of Korra's cock, causing it to bob and pulse against the air. Korra kicked off her own shoes and shucked her pants and waistwrap, peeling her shirt over her head.

They came back together as soon as they'd stripped—or sooner, since Asami's shirt was merely unbuttoned and her bra hadn't been unfastened. Korra cupped Asami's breasts through the fabric, running both thumbs over the points of her nipples where the peaks poked through.

"I love you," she said, with all the affection and sincerity she could muster. "I'll always love you, no matter what."

"I know." Asami hooked a knee around Korra's hip, tilting her pelvis forward. "Now show me."

Reluctant though she was to abandon Asami's breasts, Korra couldn't deny her mate's need. She heard it in her voice. Smelled it in her scent. Felt it prickling beneath her burning skin. Bracing her forearm on the wall, Korra slid her other hand down Asami's side, over her hip, beneath the swell of her ass. With her hold established, she rubbed her shaft through Asami's wetness, gasping at the soft heat.