Together, Throughout All

Dear Readers,

I'm really sorry I haven't been updating. I've had writer's block, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the story until now. Anyway, here's a new chapter for you to sink your teeth into!

Please excuse any mistakes I may make, and enjoy!

Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico

As I sit in the room, I can only think.

Chiron sent Suzie and I back to New York, and we're in a semi-empty house with Annabeth living upstairs temporarily to keep an eye on us.

Suzie stares at me and silently cries mostly. I want to comfort her, but I seem to have lost control of my limbs. Every once in a while, I manage to croak "I love you," or "Thank you" or "Suzie-" or something to that effect. She always nods and looks away.

Which leaves me to my thoughts. And, trust me, there's enough here to keep me thinking for years.

My thoughts are a whirlwind, and now that I've had time to just sort out what's what, I realize what a stupid idiot I've been.

All the rage and anger and useless excuses for yelling and the boiling pit of hate that was in my stomach for those lonely years was only my way of dealing with the rejection.

I had made Will into this horrible, evil, monstrous thing, not the complex and flawed person he is. He had become an object upon which to project all my balled up emotions. And that was completely wrong, and I had acted upon the wrong anger.

It's been a couple of days, at least. I've finally reached understanding - Will is human and flawed and complex. I am human and flawed and complex. We are all flawed, no matter how hard it is to admit that to ourselves. Will was upset and not a very good husband in those last few days before the Split. I've been a bad father to Suzie, more focused on my own issues than raising the wonderful child I'm in charge of.

It's at this moment that  I suddenly regain control of my limbs, and I quickly stumble to Suzie and hug her close to me. I swear, I will never neglect her again. We can work through our issues together, because no doubt my stupidity and neglect have cause some problems for her as well.

"I love you, sweetie," I whisper, and I feel her warm, fresh tears against my cheek. Soon, they are mixing with my own. "I promise I will never be as bad a father as I was." She laughs a little.

"You weren't that bad, although," she gulps a little, maintaining her faint smile, "Keeping you from killing yourself wasn't very much fun." I hold her small face in my hands. Her scars are visible, and I realize how small she is for her age.

"Oh, baby," I say, stroking her soft cheek. "I am so, so sorry. And I know that there is no way to change that horrible situation, but I can promise to be a better father. I love you honey."

She giggles. "Love you too, Dad."

***

A couple of days later, we are back in our house. Chiron took our front door away, however, so that I can't lock people out of the house if I have another episode. Although he did some magicky thing so that our house doesn't get really cold or really hot, so it's like we have a door for AC purposes, but they can get in if need be.

Suzie insists on cooking, even though she only knows how to make grilled cheed, mac & cheese, and pancakes. (We have a kitchen, and we've been eating in our cabin rather than in the pavilion - all those people, well, let's just say that neither of us is ready for the stress of of people.) She doesn't feel that she has to do anything now - I could cook, but she wants to. It's like a learning experience for her, and I'm not objecting for a little bit more relaxation time.