Wishful Thinking

Dear Readers,

I'M BACK! I've been really busy, so sorry if this is a bit short. As of present, I don't have a solid idea of how long this'll be... I guess we can find out together! Well... not really, since I have to finish writing this before you can read it... Technicalities! Whatever! I'm in a good mood.

I wonder how my good mood will affect the plot. We shall see.

Anyways, please excuse any typos I make, and, as always...

Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will

Gods of Olympus, kindergarten is stressful.

Never thought I'd be saying that, but here I am.

Angie started her first year of real school this year, and I'm nearly pulling my hair out with worry. Every day.

I'm trying public school for her - so far, she's liking it. And she hasn't, like, blasted some kids using some of her grandfather's powers.

I think she's able to fly, but only hovering a little - except in life-or-death situations. She loves the swings we have in the backyard, since she can feel like she's flying but not have to actually try to fly. She's really mature, for a 5-year-old.

I check my watch. It's about time.

I walk out the front door, still in my work clothes, to meet the bus. I walk to the corner, waiting.

"Hey there, Mr. Hottie!" I groan inwardly. It's our neighbor, Emily Gess. She's obsessed with me - every time I come to the bus stop, which is unfortunately in front of her house, she saunters up and starts chatting with me.

"Hi, Emily." I say, turning to face her. Just keep smiling. Pretend you don't hate her with a passion.

"Look at you, looking sharp," She says as she walks up to me, baby on her hip. She has something like 4 kids - and she's 20. In addition to being so young, she isn't married - all her children are only half siblings. Different man each time.

She leans in way to close, and I can smell the unpleasent mix of alcohol and cigarettes on her breath. I try not to gag.

"You, hottie, should come over to my place sometime. I can put the kids in the basement, they don't care. We can have some, ah, alone time, upstairs." She puts her hand on my shirt and starts slowly dragging it downwards, until I step back and her hand drops limply.

"What's the matter big boy?" She whispers, stepping too close again. Does she even know the phrase 'personal space'? "Afraid to get... intimate?" She breathes the last word and is so close to me that I physically - gently, sort of - have to push her away to get her off of me.

"No thanks, I don't do... that." I wanted to finish that sentence with 'girls', and acknowledge the elephant in the room. Of course, that elephant is basically invisible to Emily - she's obsessed with trying to get me to sleep with her. In a way it would be a relief to tell her that I'm gay, but then that would just open a whole different can of worms. She seems like the type of person who would be homophobic, and I just really don't feel like answering the questions that come with telling people I'm gay.

I will never sleep with her - ever. I don't like her in any way, and definitely not in that way. I haven't liked anyone in that way since... him.

I hear the bus and I gratefully turn away from Emily and my thoughts, watching the bus pull up. Angie is the first one off, chatting happily with Jia - her best friend, and our neighbor.