Truthfully Together... Mostly

Dear Readers,

Here's a new part! I hope you like it, so here you go! Sorry for the last "part" being a note from me... I just wanted you guys to know how much I appreciate your positivity! Please excuse any typos I may make, and enjoy!

Happy Reading!

<3 Lunie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will

Angel and Suzie were tight now, even after just a few days. We're flying back tomorrow, and Angel's not wasting any time in playing with Suzie. But Angel still didn't really like Nico, for whatever reason. When I asked her about it, she just told me that she didn't like how we had broken up and she didn't get to grow up with Suzie. How that translantes to hating Nico, I don't know.

Nico and I were in the kitchen, cooking together, just like old times. We were making waffles while the girls talked in the other room.

"Where's your scar?" Angel asks boldly. "In all the pictures you have a real ugly scar running across your face. It looked like whever cause it musta been painful. Where is it?"

Nico set down the plate and went to the doorway to make sure things were okay. I saw Suzie glance at him helplessly and he was instantly crouching next to them.

"Hey, Angel, honey?"

"What," Angel said primly, not looking at him.

"I need you to not ask about her scar, okay? It's a sensitive topic for us, and we don't want anyone to get upset. Okay?"

"Why's some dumb scar such a big deal? If I got a scar, I wouldn't care. People would still think I'm pretty. They say I got nice eyes," Angel replies. Nico glances at me, and then at Suzie, who is fighting back tears.

"Hey, guys, waffles are done," I call, ending the conversation. Nico looks at me gratefully, and Angel hops up and scurries to the kitchen table, grinning and laughing, oblivious to how upset Suzie is. When she's older she'll understand other people's feelings more.

Nico and Suzie talk in hushed tones in the living room, Suzie nodding and wiping her eyes, Nico kissing her forehead and rubbing her back, then they both laugh and hug eachother. Then they walk into the kitchen and sit at the table.

As I serve the waffles, Suzie says something to Nico and they laugh. I smile and sit down next to Angel, who's already shoving waffle in her mouth. We all giggle at her silly face.

Angel, oblivious to this, keeps eating. We join her in the land of delicious, steaming waffles.

Later that day, we go to the zoo. Angel was hyper all morning, unable to wait. Maybe that 16th sugar waffle wasn't such a good idea - she's practically bouncing off the walls at light speed.

 When we arrive, Suzie insists that we go to the giraffes first. Nico explains on the way through the zoo.

"When we used to come here when she was little, I would put her on my shoulders and pretend that we were a giraffe, so they became her favorite. Now we always have to visit the giraffes first, so she can say hi to Sheila and Arnold. They're the giraffes."

"Oh," I say, smiling a little. Suzie seems to have gotten over this morning's episode, because she's holding Angel's hand and pointing out things and laughing with her. I hope that's not going to be a lasting memory, because Angel's not mature enough yet to understand how much words can hurt.

When we arrive at the large giraffe area, Suzie runs to the fence and yells, "HI SHEILA! HI ARNOLD! MY, UH, FRIEND ANGEL'S HERE. SHE WANTED TO SAY HI AS WELL!"