Happily Ever After...

Dear Readers,

I know I haven't updated in a long time. It's because I've been trying to decide something huge -

Should I end this fanfiction?

Here's my dilemma: I don't want this story to drag on. We've kind of reached the end of the plot, and it's a good place for Happily Ever After. I want Nico and Will and Suzie and Angel to be happy and safe, and right now is where I should leave them to be happy on their own, because a fanfiction about a couple's simple, everyday life with their happy children and perfect life isn't as interesting as one about a couple who loves each other, but there are obstacles to their happiness. They think they are better off apart, but they're not. They miss each other, but each is afraid that the other still hates them, so the distance between them stays. Miscommunication and fear keep them apart, until finally a very anti-gay person in the community plants a bomb in the house of one of them, and he and his daughter are hospitalized. His daughter recovers quickly, but the man has sustained a serious head trauma.

This is where I should leave them, after wrapping up a few loose ends. But I don't want to let them go. I don't want to let Nico and Suzie, especially, live their life. I want to keep writing them and writing up their lives, but I can't, because the story's over.

The story's almost over.

I reached a conclusion, no matter how much it shreds my heart.

You'll figure it out.

Thank you so so much for all of the support you have given me. I can't express adequately in words how much all of you mean to me.

So, like always, please excuse any typos!

Happy Reading!

<3 Lunie

------------------------------------------------

Suzie

I sit and watch Dad sleep. He looks so peaceful and content, I can almost join him in restful slumber. Almost.

I forced the police officer to tell me what they found out about the bomb, as well as who placed it there. It wasn't hard for them to figure it out, and Mr. Danning is in police custody. However, it took a lot of fierce displays of bravery to get them to tell me who and why.

"Well, it was Mr. Danning. Your neighbor, I believe. He kep[t to himself, you might not have even known him. He, uh, placed the bomb because of who your daddy loves. Do you know what the word 'gay' means, sweetheart?" Officer McKinley had said to me sweetly, sugarcoating it and treating me like a blind baby.

"Yeah, officer, I do. When someone, like my dad, is gay, they like people of the same gender. Duh. And I know stuff like this because he discussed it with me openly, and I helped him get through his depression and suicidal thoughts. So please, don't baby me."

Officer McKinley had awkwardly looked around, and then turned back to me. "Okay, sure. He's gay, and a very anti-gay member of the community - Mr. Danning - tried to kill him for being openly homosexual. Openly gay, that it."

That conversation rippled back to me now, as I watched Dad slumber peacefully. I would tell him why he was in hospital - I would break the news. Not some police officer who didn't care about him. He would hear the awful, dire news from me.

I hear the door openly quietly, and turn around. There is Will.

My instant reaction is to tense up and be on guard - Will hurt Dad, and my instinct is to yell at him and throw him out. From what I can gather, however, Daddy still loved him and forgave him in the moments before the blast. I still don't totally trust him, though.

"Suzie!" He says happily, a fearful, awkward smile on his face. He goes in for a hug, and I dodge it. I extend my hand to shake, instead.

"Hi, Will." He shakes my hand, his smile faded a little with disappointment.

He lays his flowers on the table beside Dad, staring at him lovingly.

"Do they know who bombed you guys?" Will asks in hushed tones, his eyes scouring Daddy's bruised face.

"Yeah, they do. He's in police custody right now. A Mr. Danning. Apparently a neighbor of ours who is very anti-gay, so he bombed us to try and get rid of us because Dad's gay. Horrible stuff. The local newspapers are gobbling it up. Already the police have had to escort me throughout the hospital because journalists are everywhere, trying to get a comment out of me. It's kind of scary."

Will's eyes shelter a smoldering fire of hate and anger. "Anti-gays. How dare they? What right do they have to tell complete strangers who they can and can't love?"

"Yeah. I'm just glad they apprehended him so quickly," I say dispassionately, but in my mind I am agreeing wholeheartedly with Will. How dare this Mr. Danning try to kill an innocent man and his daughter and possibly others just because of who the man loves?

Dad groans, and I am instantly by his side, not caring that I push Will away.

"Daddy, I'm here," I say gently, my voice as soft as a kitten. A smile graces his lips for a moment, and his eyes flutter open.

"Suzie," he says, struggling to find the words. I kiss his forehead, murmuring how much I love him. Then I step away so that Will can be close to him. They murmur soft things to each other, and Dad's heart rate jumps on the monitor.

This day was filled with contentment. Maybe tomorrow Dad'll be even better. If he doesn't get worse, the doctors say he can come home in about two weeks.

I can't wait until he can come home. To his real home, and our only home left -

Camp half-blood.

-------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed that quirky little segment. I'm wrapping up loose ends, because you know what's happening.

The end is coming.

I'm sorry. But if I continue this story it'll just get draggy and slow and not good, and I want to end proudly on a high note, not just stop writing because it's gone downhill and is boring. I want this story to end just as good as it started. So sorry, but this is it.

Prepare for my next update.

Because it'll be the last.

Thanks so much for reading!

<3 Lunie