29- 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡??

♚S C A R L E T T E♚ 

                                                       ♚S C A R L E T T E♚ 

   After I finish changing he continues driving silently eventually we make some small talk but it's still incredibly tense, especially since we're refusing to address the elephant in the room. Soon As we enter the last turn on the road headed to the mansion I tell him to stop the car a few blocks before so my brothers won't notice a car outside of the house. I decide to take this chance to ask the questions letting my curiosity get the best of me.

"Why were you in a fighting arena, I won't ask again", I say with a bold but calming tone.

He takes a deep breath running his hands through his hair, that's when I notice the dark circles underlining his green eyes. Usually, dark circles under the eyes signify and represent a lack of sleep.

"Scarlette...just drop it, please I'm not in the mood to discuss this", He says leaning back on the car seat closing his eyes after automatically unlocking the car doors.

I sit there for a few more minutes insisting he tells. I'm not getting out until he gives me an at least decent excuse.

He sighs before sitting up and looking at me with a foreign emotion.

"Scarlette I'm just not ready to tell you anything yet... it's kinda complicated" he says in a calmer tone.

I huff in disappointment what's worse is he hasn't used the nickname he used to call me. I thought we would be able to resume the same relationship we had before. Does he not feel comfortable opening up to me? Is there something he's hiding from me? I was distraught and stressed from the many questions running through my mind. Was all the time we spent together before just a blur My eyes start to water a little and I quickly blink them back.

I need to stop overthinking.

He quickly takes my phone and starts typing something into it.

I look at him with confusion.

"Here you can at least have my number so you can at least contact me", he says handing me my phone back not looking at me.

"oh, thanks", I say stepping out of the car feeling slightly reassured.

He waves softly and I stick up the middle finger in return, I see him softly chuckle before he drives off.

I start sprinting to the mansion quickly while still semi-deep into my thoughts, I don't know what he wants to tell me but if he isn't ready then there's nothing I can do about that, and then again I never told him about the sexual abuse I went through so as of right now we're even.

I sneak and swiftly crawl towards the window by my bedroom the bricks that lead to my window seem wide enough for me to be able to place my feet on them. I quickly climb with a lot of speed and strength finally making it into my open window.