Prologue: Hawks and Y/n

This story coincides with my first series on TikTok.

It was a warm sunny day. Hawks was flying low to the ground. He was little and on his own. So his wings couldn't carry him very high. Hawks makes his way down a sidewalk in a near by park. The soft breeze blowing his feather lightly the sun warming his skin. He comes upon a bench in the park with a little white haired girl laying on it holding a bunny and crying. Hawks tilts his head and flies towards her.
"Hey kid....what are you doing here are you lost?" The girl lifts up her head and blinks at Hawks tears staining her fair skin. She was wearing a very ragged purple dress and has dirt all over her. She shakes her head no tearing up a bit. "Hey hey don't cry where are your parents then?" The girl rubs her eyes.
"I...I don't have any parents....I am all alone." She hugs her bunny tighter and starts crying again.
"Dang.....yeah me too...." Hawks stops for a bit and gazed at her. Then holds out his hand. "Hey come with me? It can be you and me against the world." Hawks lands on the ground as the girl stares blankly at him for a second.
"I would actually like that. A lot..." She takes Hawks hand as they walk to sit underneath a huge cherry blossom tree. "What's your name birdy?"
"My name is Keigo...I don't know my last name." The girl smiles bright.
"Hm....Keigo....well nice to meet you! I am y/n. I actually don't know my last name either." Hawks blushes at her smile.
"I am glad you stopped crying. You feel better?" Hawks hands her a cracker from his pocket to munch on.
"I do feel a lot better birdy. Thank you." Y/n gazes at Hawks wings curiously. "I like your wings birdy! Is that your quirk?" Hawks chuckles.
"It is actually. Watch." Hawks brings a feather down and tickles her nose. She sneezes and giggles.
"That's really cool!" Y/n stretches as Hawks sees little burn marks and scratches on her.
"Thank you...hey kid...what's your quirk?" Y/n's face turns white and her eyes widened.
"My quirk?....." She looks down at her feet mumbling. "A lot of people are afraid of my quirk...they throw stones at me. My own quirk even burns me sometimes. I don't want to scare you away. "
"Scared? Of you? You are just a little kid. I won't be scared I promise." Y/n takes a deep breath and puts her hand out.
"Okay birdy. I am gonna hold you to that." A bright green flame engulfs her hand and Hawks eyes widen.
"Wow! You can use green fire? It so pretty!" Y/n shakes her head and stands up.
"That's not all it does." She walks over to a lifeless crow and places her hand on it. The fire engulfs the bird and goes into its body. The crows eyes glow a bright green and the bird starts to move and it flies away. Hawks stands their bewildered.
"Oh wow!!! You brought the bird back to life?! That is so cool!" Hawks beams with pride as his little wings flap very slightly bringing him off the ground. "I can't believe my best friend has such a cool quirk!!!!" Hawks blushes and lands back down. "Uh...I mean if you wanna be my best friend...." Y/n stares at him confused.
"You....want me as your best friend? You...you aren't afraid of me?!" Hawks smiles and holds out his hand.
"Come on kid, how can I be afraid of my best friend?" Y/n tears up a little and goes to grab his hand. That's when her flame turns a bright pink. She jumps back shocked staring at the beautiful flame. "Woah your flame can turn colors??? That's so cool!" Y/n stares intently at the flame.
"I actually didn't know that it could change color....it's always been green." Hawks begins to speak but whips around facing a tree. He instinctively pulls Y/n behind him. "What is it Keigo?"
"We are being watched....come on! Follow me!!!" The two take off down the sidewalk as two men in black suits come out from behind the tree.