Chapter 1

Nova dashed through the sky, flapping her wings gently as she whooshed through the clouds.

As a seven year old dragonet who's never left the hybrid island much, she found this very exciting.
Soon, she was flying above Pyrrhia, which was about two times bigger than her island.

It's so beautiful here...
Nova thought when she looked down below her. There were so many different looking areas here, shiny white snow in one place, and a colourful rainforest full of life in the next.

Nova then spotted a beautiful palace, more specifically, the skywing palace. She changed her colours to a deep red, made her horns and body look like a skywing's. She had huge wings already, and could fly fast, so that would help her blend in.

Nova landed, legs shaky, from both excitement and fear, she spread her marvellous wings and walked forward.

Suddenly, she felt someone tap her, saying
"Hey, dragonet!"

Nova turned around and almost shrieked when she saw the skywing queen herself, wearing a brilliant golden crown.

"You, go feed the prisoners."
She demanded, lashing her tail.

"Most of the guards are busy. Getting new armour since they found out that some prisoners are stronger than they are the weakling way."
She scoffed, when she saw Nova's confused expression.

"Y-Yes, Queen Hazel!" Nova got up, but froze when she realised that she doesn't know where to go.

"They're up there." The Queen snorted, and pointed her talon into the air, Nova looked up and saw many different colourful dragons in the distance.

The queen dropped a few dead lambs beside Nova and walked away, muttering something.

Nova grabbed one, and flew up, giving lambs one by one. Nova realised that there were two dragons left, but only one sheep.

She sat down and stared at it for a second, and she sighed.
Guess they have to share..

As Nova landed near the last two prisoners, she noticed that one of them looked very... Different. She had stripes and a stinger on their tail, but looked like a skywing too.

"Hey, are you like me? Like, a hybrid?"
Nova blurted out, she then covered her mouth and winced.

The dragon looked shocked, and shared a confused glance with the nightwing beside her, who flicked his tail, revealing an injured leg.
"How did you know? And you don't look like a hybrid."
She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Well, you have stripes and a stinger." Said Nova, as she removed her camoflauge.

"Ah, what kind of hybrid are you?"
Asked the nightwing, his purple eyes looking at her colourful pattern.
"Rainwing and... Seawing?"
He guessed.

"Actually, I'm a seawing, rainwing AND a nightwing! My parents were both part rainwing."
Nova said,
"Also, what are your names?"

"I'm Spark, a skywing hivewing hybrid. I've been hiding in Pyrrhia all my life, eight years, but got caught."
Said the stripy red dragon, gently lashing her tail.

"I'm Dreamseeker and... I'm just a normal nightwing. Same age as Spark." Said the nightwing.

Nova nodded, suddenly, she heard the queen roar
"Guards! Bring the prisoners! It's time for a battle!"

Nova camouflaged out of shock and stayed still, as a guard flew up and dragged out an icewing, who was trying too wriggle away.

She looked down at the arena and saw a golden dragon come out onto the arena.

The Queen roared, and the dragons charged at eachother, the golden dragon jumped over the icewing as it lunged towards them, and raked their claws over their back, burning it, the icewing roared in agony as their flesh burned, they dropped to the ground, wriggling. Nova looked away, unable to look any longer.

"Do any of you have a power to get yourself out?!" Nova hissed.

Spark nodded
"Firescales, I can activate and deactivate them, but I want to kill that horrible Queen when I get the chance."
Spark said.
"I'm waiting for my turn on the arena."

Nova sighed and sat down, still invisible.

"Alright, but be careful.."
Said Dreamseeker worriedly.

Nova looked down at the arena and saw a few skywings cleaning blue icewing blood off the ground, Nova just met Spark, but she was worried too.

What if Spark doesn't make it?