Chapter 3

It had been a week since Nova visited the Skywing palace. She didn't want to do that again in a while, since what she saw was horrific.

Her sister Wishie had grown close to Citrine, and Nova would often train them battle strategies for the future.

Today, they were in the forest again, the leaves green and bright.
Nova was busy teaching Wishie and Citrine how to sneak up on enemies and attack without being detected, when she heard a distant roar. A familiar kind of roar. A group of angry familiar roars. Skywing kind of roars...

Nova hissed, realisation hitting her like a fireball.

"Come with me!"
She beckoned Wishie and Citrine with her tail.

Nova and the younger dragonets ran through the forest, dodging trees as they ran swiftly through the woods.

Nova and the others reached the camp, panting and breathing heavily.

"WE MIGHT BE UNDER ATTACK!" Nova yelled.

Her sister, Silvertalon, took Wishie and Citrine into the dens, then came back out.

"Alright. Where?"
She asked, her eyes narrowed.

Nova pointed her talon towards a bunch of shapes, a mix of red, orange and yellow in the sky.

"The skywings!" Silvertalon gasped worriedly.

Spark and a few other dragons came up to Nova, prepared and ready to battle.

"Let's go meet them in the forest clearing." Said Spark
Dreamseeker, who was standing beside Spark, nodded, but his night-black tail tip was twitching in fear.

Nova opened her bright colourful wings and soared into the air, followed by the other hybrid dragons.

They landed, the skywings already visible. About twenty skywings were landing, their talons extended.

"You killed our Queen so we'll kill you!"

"We knew letting all you hybrids live was a mistake!"

The skywings roared and roared angrily, fury in their eyes.

"Attack!" Roared Spark, leaping into the skywing, who collapsed into the ground.

Nova tackled a skywing, she spit her dark rainwing venom onto their leg, they let out a scream of pain and fled into the sky, followed by the dragon who Spark tripped up, who was now covered in burns.

Dreamseeker was fighting courageously, despite having a wounded leg. He scratches his enemies, but he wasn't strong enough, they pushed him down.

Spark was stuggling to run towards him, as dragons were piling onto her, so Nova ran towards Dreamseeker.
I have to hurry-

"Agh!" Nova felt herself being pushed to the ground, her legs hurting as they were squished.

She looked up and saw a muscular female skywing, hissing at Nova.

Nova growled as she struggled, she tried to shove her off. The skywing laughed, amused by how frustrated Nova was.

Spark had already gotten to help Dreamseeker, but Nova was behind a rock, so Spark couldn't help her.

Suddenly, she heard a small, familiar voice,

"NOVA!" Wishie was running to help Nova at full speed. Two big skywings pushed Wishie to the ground, she shrieked, shocked. Citrine ran up to Wishie and tried to bite the skywings, but they pushed her to the ground. A skywing opened his mouth, about to blow fire at Wishie, when Nova felt a sudden rage and power in her chest. She leaped, pushing the skywing off, shocking the skywing.

Nova leaped towards the skywing, staring daggers into them, suddenly, they fell to the ground and hit their back off a boulder before Nova even touched them.
Nova touched a rock before, which suddenly started flying towards the other skywing, slamming their head, blood spurting from their wound as they let out a high pitched shriek.

"Agh! She's an animus! Get out! Retreat!"
Yelled the skywing who hit the boulder, scarlet blood gushing from their back like lava.

The skywings flew away as quick as they could, leaving the golden skywing alone.

"Nova! You're an animus?!" Wishie gasped, Citrine just looked stunned, Nova was also confused.

What just happened?!
Thought Nova
She suddenly saw movement in the bushes, looked closer and saw a golden skywing with a brown stripe along his nose, going down his back to his tail. He had forest green eyes, which were staring at Nova in shock. He had a few scars and a small hole in his ear.

Nova tensed. She needed to catch that golden skywing for information about that attack, and any future ones.

She saw him flying after the others, yelling at them angrily to wait.

Nova spread her wings and in the blink of an eye, she was already in the sky, reaching out for his tail, when she noticed that he had a sandwing stinger.

He's a hybrid too? What's he doing in the skywing kingdom?