Chapter 22

Jaemin was the first to allow his eyes to flutter open the following morning, and was greeted with the sight of Jeno also nuzzled into Renjun as he held the boy protectively whilst his mouth laid slightly agap as he realized soft snores, and Jaemin couldn't help but have his heart beat more.

He couldn't lie, he'd always had a crush on Jeno...for the longest time actually, he just never had the confidence to tell the younger; one would think seeing your crush getting close with someone else would make you angry, and Jaemin thought he should be feeling anger, he should see Renjun as a rival, but as he looked at the hybrid with his cute puffed out cheeks as once he felt Jaemin move he whined and turned to nuzzle more into Jeno it just caused him to beam more.

And then it brought his mind back to the conversation they had heard last night between Jungwoo and Renjun

"T-they're your mates."

Jaemin then quickly woke Jeno up when his mind went back to last night's conversation.

"Jeno wake up" he said as he stood up waking up the boy who didn't want to wake up.

"Come on Jeno please." And after hearing the cute whine Jaemin released; Jeno out of having a now racing heart decided to wake up, but first took a second to admire the hybrid who was in his arms.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." Jaemin commented as he saw Jeno doing the same thing he'd been doing not so long ago.

"Oh zip it, now why'd you wake me up." Jeno said rubbing his eyes as he still held a sleeping Renjun.

"We need to talk about what we heard last night." Jaemin said and Jeno was now fully awake as he nodded and hesitantly let go of Renjun making sure to not wake up the peacefully sleeping boy and instead gave him a pillow to comfortably sleep on.

They made their way into the kitchen making sure to be quiet and not wake up the rest of the house.

"What are we going to do?" Jaemin asked not really having a plan.

"What do you mean what are we going to do, I to be completely honest don't know what the hell is going on." Jeno uttered.

"Jeno, we can't just act like we didn't hear what we heard, Jungwoo said it himself...we're his mates." Jaemin said

"What does that even mean?!" Jeno screamed and Jaemin quickly covered the boys mouth.

"Lower your voice, you want the whole of Asia to hear you." He said removing his hand.

"Also how dense are you, mates is like soulmates...and if I'm correct it's like fated partnership." Jaemin said.

Jeno then looked at him even more surprised.

"I-I mean how can we even know it's true." Jeno said

"Remember all those things Jungwoo listed, the eyes, affection, possessiveness...at first I didn't understand but it makes sense now."Jaemin said really thinking about everything

"I-I Jaemin, I don't know...it's just so strange and the eyes, I haven't seen that once." Jeno said

"I saw it." Jaemin said looking at the floor.

"The eyes?"

"I-in the store, I mean have you not noticed.."

"Noticed what?"

"Oh my god, Jeno his scent, have you not noticed it's this fragrance he releases."

"The watermelon and strawberry." Jeno said when he managed to reminisce of the scent he'd find catching his nostrils at the strangest times.