Chapter 16

"In the flesh." Hendery said smiling

"W-what are you doing here?" Renjun said still confused at how on earth the boy was here.

"Well, I realized that I needed to escape when everyone else did, make a life of my own." Hendery uttered trying to make himself look as believable as possible.

"B-but why... it just doesn't make sense." Renjun uttered more so to himself.

If there was one thing everyone knew was the Hendery was obsessed with just the idea of the professor, so it wouldn't make sense that on that day he left... if anything Renjun was sure he saw the boy stay in his opened cage.

"Who's this Renjun?" Jeno said finally reminding Renjun that the two boys were still there and were extremely confused.

"Uhh this is Uh- "

"I'm Hendery, pleased to meet you." Hendery said grabbing the boys hand shaking it tightly as he stared intently into his eyes

Interesting... was he the companion they spoke of.

"Umm, yeah."  Jeno said very creeped out by the boy.

"And who are you?" He said quickly looking to Jaemin who didn't get a good vibe from the boy in front of them.

"J-Jaemin."

"Oh, good to meet you too." He said grabbing the boys hand staring at him the same way he did Jeno and that only sent shivers down his spine.

Or is it him?

"Where are you from?" Jaemin said still looking at the boy

"The same lab Renjun came from, he helped us escape and everything." Hendery said with an awful amount of joy.

"So you're a... hybrid?" Jeno said confused

"Well obviously." Hendery scoffed as he chuckled.

"How come you don't have ears and a tail?" Jaemin chimed in

"He has invisibility powers." Renjun uttered quietly

"Yep, they're sooo strong I can even chose to make certain body parts invisible... wanna see me try it with my arm."  Hendery uttered in excitement.

"No! No thanks." Jaemin said quickly to which Hendery just shrugged.

"Okay well it was nice meeting you, Can I go with Renjun now?" Hendery uttered

"What?" The two boys said in unison.

"I mean I miss him..a-and want to catch up you know." Hendery said with a big smile

"I don't think that's-"

"Renjun...look at me." Hendery said now looking at Renjun who's head was looking to the floor until he finally looked up

"Come with me, don't you wanna catch up." Hendery grinned at the boy, but all that could be sensed was a coldness from it.

"I-no... I can't."

"Why not! I'm your friend."

"What's he doing here" Jungwoo said suddenly coming up out of nowhere

"Oh Jungwoo, what a pleasant surprise."

"Mmm sure, now why are you here." Jungwoo said crossing his arms over his chest.

Hendery then exams the now 5 boys were in front of him as he saw a tall guy that had come with Jungwoo.

So this is who they left professor for.

He then switched out of his daze and looked at everyone else

"I'm here for Renjun...I want to talk to him, alone." Hendery grinned to which Renjun was still looking to the floor and his body began to shiver.

As though the younger two could sense it they pulled Renjun towards them as their eyes morphed and this time...Hendery saw.

What?! .... two?

And Renjun then out of nowhere felt himself calm down as they pulled him closer to them releasing his scent which caused the two to experience the same buzz as before

Just then the bell rung.

"Well, looks like we have to get to class... bye." And with that Jungwoo turned all of the four boys who's good behind him leaving a now extremely annoyed and confused Hendery.

As soon as the hallway cleared, he made his way to the janitors closet, where one of the undercover guards sat.

"Well where is he?" He said quickly

"I-I couldn't get him to come." Hendery said looking down.

"What?!" The guard who was dressed as a janitor boomed to which Hendery flinched.

"I said ... I couldn't get him to come." Hendery said more clearly as he looked up.

"And why is that?"

"He's got a lot more company than I anticipated, okay." Hendery said upset with himself that he'd failed his task so early on.

"You stupid stupid runt, what good are you to us if you can't even get that whimp to walk into a fucking closet, we would have knocked him over the head, snuck him out and been done with it..you're so useless!"

"I-I'm Sorry." The boy said looking to the ground again

"Sorry? Oh, tell that to the professor...he'll have a better response for you I hope, now let's go.. we must go back with intel or the lack there of." And other that Hendery end the guard walked out.

A/N;
Hey guys thought I'd just release this, sorry if I get a bit sloppy...everything going on in the world has got me angry, hurt, upset and all the way fucked up.

The world needs to do better, stay safe and healthy... and remember treat each other with respect. And call out systematic injustice against minorities.

I love you all.

~SB24🌻