𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐭

*Ding Dong*

The brunette rushed to the entrance of the house as she held the three animals in her arms, opening the door. Tohru said, panicking as the mailman in front of her watched

"Th-They're...They're all animals!"

"Yes Ma'am. I see you have some animals there. Could you sign this please?"

"No! What I mean is.."

In the end, Shigure, still as the dog had signed whatever the mailman had told the brunette to sign. The mailman smiled

"What a smart dog! Well, thank you, see you next time!"

Tohru falls to her knees confused as Kyo, the cat, scolded

"We can't even make a good cover story if you jerks transform too!"

"You're the one who slipped up first, you stupid cat."

Tohru dumbfounds, thinking to herself

"Th-They can speak human language.."

Sighing, Shigure speaks

"Well, better than to just tell her than to make up a story she won't believe."

He resumes, looking at the highschool girl

"I have the Dog Spirit, Yuki-kun has the Rat Spirit, Shizuka has the Bird Spirit, and Kyo Sohma over there has the Cat Spirit. We're all possessed. Others in the Sohma family are possessed by the other zodiac spirits too. It's run in the family for hundreds of years now. It doesn't give us any special power though. Pretty much the only thing we can do is communicate with our respective animals, and we transform when we're hugged by the opposite sex, exhausted, or sick. We automatically turn into humans again after a while.."

And just as he said that, the three males, and the blonde, who isn't to be seen, turned back to normal, scaring Tohru. Shigure adds

"Fully naked, I'm afraid."

----

"Sorry you had to witness that. Are you feeling a bit calmer now?"

Tohru manages to speak

"I've mostly processed things."

Remembering, Tohru thinks to herself

"Then that must be why Sohma-kun shoved away the girl who tried hugging him."

Shigure sits down in front of the brunette

"Man, Kyo, You're such an idiot! Should a trained martial artist be so easy for a girl to sneak up on. You really have eyes for no one but Yuki-kun!"

Kyo shouts

"Don't make me sound creepy! And don't blame me! What the heck is she-a normal girl-doing here in the first place?!"

"Be quiet. Don't forget it's your fault for startling Shizuka, who clearly hasn't gotten enough sleep. Plus, it's not your business if there's someone like her in this house...You're an outsider."

Kyo screams, as he punched the table in front of him

"Shut up! Eh- Huh?"

Tohru, stuck in place, had her forehead bleeding out of nowhere. Shigure panics

"Tohru-kun! Your forehead's bleeding! Let's see, antibiotic ointment.."

Yuki then slaps orange-haired in front of him

"I knew you were an idiot, but I didn't think it was this bad. Out of respect for the sheer depth of your idiocy, I'll give you a favor and fight you seriously. Kyo..don't bore me."