hands

[revised]

Experience pours down on Dream, lights bursting above his head.

"Let's go!" Dream shouts, clapping his hands as his character goes still. Quackity and George applaud alongside him, showering him with 'good jobs' and excited laughter. I on the other hand, am not excited.

"Okay, you cheater," I scoff lightheartedly.

"Says you and a thousand other people," Dream jokes, "you know the deal."

"Sub thirty," Quackity and George both say simultaneously. Dream had a really good run, naming the world after me. He spawned right next to a village and lava pool, making it to the nether in record time.

He beat the game in twenty-five minutes and thirty-eight seconds.

I sigh, opening iMessage and sending him my Tik Tok username. "I hate you so much."

"No, you don't," Dream laughs.

"Maybe I do."

"Well."

Quackity chimes in, "get a room, my god." George snickers at Quackity's statement. I can feel my cheeks starting to heat up again.

"You guys are so stupid," Dream chuckles. He ends the stream shortly after, bragging about his run and how he wasn't likely to do better than that today. When I see the stream has finally ended, I feel myself relax, completely unaware I was tense to begin with.

George, complaining about how tired he is, bids us all a quick goodbye and leaves the call. Quackity follows a few minutes later, leaving only Dream and I in the voice channel.

I break the silence between us. "Thank you for inviting me." I hear Dream huff a small laugh over the call.

"Thank you for coming."

"Why are you laughing?" I ask, a smile tugging at my lips.

"You're very goofy," he replies, laughing a little louder. I raise my eyebrows in confusion.

A familiar voice fills my headphones and I gasp. Dream was already watching my Tik Toks, specifically the one where I was especially hyper with Angie. I can hear my terrible wheezing laugh coming through Dream's mic at a horrible joke I had made. Much to my dismay, Dream wheezes as well.

"Oh my god, your laugh is worse than mine!" He wheezes. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I have asthma!" I defend. "For the record, piss man, my friends bring out an interesting side in me."

"I'm still not your friend? I'm starting to feel like you use me for clout."

"You're the one who came on my stream, if anything you're using me."

"To be fair, I only did it because you were pretty." There's a moment of silence. I blink, my brain trying to catch up with what he just said.

"Wait, no, that came out wrong. I-"

I cut him off, finally finding my voice, "you fucking simp." Dream bursts out laughing.

"Wait, I-, no!" He stammers through laughter.

"You can't even speak! I caught you in the act!"

"I'm going to hang up."

"Thank god."

He cackles so hard it sounds like it hurts, I can't help but laugh with him.

"Stop," he says, finally, after laughing for sometime.

Before I can think, I utter the words, "make me."

The call falls silent.

I feel my stomach tighten in embarrassment from Dream's lack of response, once again feeling like I've gone too far.