dream is clingy

Dream is relentless.

dreamwastaken donated $100
answer my text >:(

"Dream, please. This is the 100th time you've donated some dumb shit this week. Go use your money on hookers or something." I sigh, concentrating my attention back on to a player and killing them to end my fourth round of Bedwars. I move my hands to either side of my head in a shrug and shake it back and forth indifferently.

My hands drop to my lap where my phone is sitting and I swipe open Dream's text message.

Clay Block
you're gonna win
okay when you're done let's play together
come on the smp
ez dub
call me now 😫😫😫😣😣😣

Another donation comes through.

dreamwastaken donated $100
you're my hooker

I slap a hand over my eyes dramatically and let it slowly fall down my face. "Oh my god! What the hell is wrong with you?"

I shake my head and smile, shutting off my phone. My eyes skim through my chat, whirring by frantically asking about Dream's donations.

"Guys he wants me to play with him 'cause he's clingy. One in the chat if I should call him, two in the chat if I should leave him on read." My mods set up a poll immediately.

I click around in a Hypixel lobby, stalling as the poll continues. I watch the chat as it passes, constantly clicking my mouse in order to let out my anxieties. Despite being two and a half weeks since we met, Dream still manages to make me nervous. He's been adamant about texting everyday; late into the night and morning after morning.

One night, I had decided to go to bed early to prepare for the next day's early Among Us stream. I had turned in at about 11:00 P.M., only to be woken up an hour later to a loud ringing beside my ear. I had groaned loudly when I saw Dream's caller ID. Nevertheless, I felt my cheeks burn and lips pull into a sleepy smirk.

I answered the call, putting it on speaker and shoving my face into my pillow. "What do you want, ugly?"

Dream had let out a small chuckle, "you don't even know what I look like."

"I know you're ugly because you just woke me up from my deep slumber," I said, voice muffled by the pillow.

"You're sleeping?" Dream laughed, "it's 12:00 A.M.? Why are you hibernating?" I had giggled sleepily at the stupid tone he used, making it sound like every sentence was an extraordinary question.

Still resting on my pillow, I turned my head over to face my phone. "For the record, 12:00 A.M. is a normal time to sleep. You just sleep late so you can call your British boyfriend on time." Dream snickered. "Besides, I have to get up early for a stream tomorrow."

Dream hummed. "With who?"

"A bunch of people I don't really know, but Schlatt will be there, and I think he's cool."

"You think he's 'cool'? What does that even mean?" Dream asked, his voice dragging.

I peered intently at my phone. "I like his content, he's funny. I've been watching him for a while now." Dream had just hummed again, soundly slightly farther from his phone than a second ago. The atmosphere seemed to have changed, the buzzing silence had grown much louder between us.

"What's he like off stream?"

"He's much more down to Earth, really chill guy. People give him shit because of his on-screen character," Dream's tone was tense and distant, as opposed to a moment before when he had called me, laughing and energetic. Something was off, and I hated the feeling of dread that settled deep in the pit of my stomach.