PROLOGUE

Read,Comment and Vote (if you think it's worth it).Enjoy.

______________________________

   °°°°°°°°°°°
   Arabella
   *********

I was cooking hurriedly because I want to bake Ria a raspberry cake,as it is her 18th birthday today,as well as her first shift.I don't have any money to buy her a gift,hence the cake.And yeah,you've guessed that right.She's a shifter,a werewolf to be precise.You may be wondering why she didn't shift earlier,but that's only because she's a half breed.She's the only one,so she's treated just like me.Plus she's my best friend since childhood and the only one who can communicate with me as I'm mute.If you're wondering why I know so much about werewolves,that's because I was born and raised in their midst.

I finished dinner and baking Ria's cake,which I sneaked into the dungeon we share as a room.I went to the pack stream to take a bath,because we're not allowed to use the pack's washrooms.Fortunately,no one was there,so I have a little bit of privacy.I got out of my dirty clothes and dive in to the stream.For as long as I could remember,I've never showered or use a soap.I swam laps after laps,before coming out.I quickly got out and dry myself,before wearing my other washed clothes and head back to the pack house.I sneaked in,so that no one would see me,but I guessed I'm not so lucky,because I came face-to-face with my dearest uncle.

"Where are you from?so you're now going out of the pack house,so you'll get acquainted with the outside?did you think you'll ever escape from my clutches?dream on"he yelled angrily

"What?"he asked looking at my cold expressionless face.

"cat got your tongue?well,you know how I hate it when people ignore me when I'm talking to them.You'll answer me next time after this."

And with that,he swung his fist at me.After kicking and punching me to his heart's content he shifted into his brown wolf and started clawing at my body,but careful not to touch my face.All this while not even a whimper escaped me or even a tear.

"Honey,"the luna's high pitched voice came."Oh,what did she do now?"She asked looking at me with contempt.

"She's planning on escaping"he replied after shifting."Go get me some clothes."

"Honey,are you done with her?because I want to have a little bit of fun with her."
"Yeah,you can.But get me the clothes first".

A minute later,she's back with the clothes and a pair of handcuffs and a whip,which has rough and sharp edges.She handed him the clothes and while he dressed,she handcuffed me.She began whipping me,everywhere in my body and almost whipped my face but I dodged.

"Whatever you do,be careful not to bruise her face."Scar,my uncle said.

"Why?you never used to care before.Why now?"she asked slightly jealous,as she glared at her mate.

"Because Alpha Vincenzo,of Crimson Moon pack is paying us a visit.Now,we don't want him to see his human waitress very battered,right?"he replied making sure he pronounce the word 'human' with a disgusting face.

Another Alpha is coming?That'll be our chance to escape.We'll come up with a plan and escape while the pack is with the other Alpha.I better go and tell Ria.She'll be so excited,because she wants to leave the pack house and find her mate.I thought.

"You better tell Maria.He'll be here next week Friday,so you'll prepare a feast.Make sure you make no mistakes,because his pack is the largest and strongest and I want to form an alliance with him.And you'll both behave yourselves."He said emphasizing on behave,which he probably mean we shouldn't think of asking help from the Alpha and his pack.

I nodded,as they walked away hand in hand.I tried to get up but I couldn't,so I dragged my body back to 'our room'.Ria was dressed up in her only dress,smiling at the cake I baked for her.She must have smelled my blood because her smile fell and she turned with a horrified look on her face.

"Ara?what happened to you?" She asked concerned."who did this?"

'The alpha and luna',I signed.

"Don't worry,"she said as removed my blood soaked shirt and cleaned my wounds."Oh my goodness,did he attack you in his wolf form?"She asked as she examine the claw marks on my body.I nodded,as she applied disinfectants on them.She even stitched a few deep ones.

We ate the cake in silence,before she broke it by thanking me for the cake.
'I have another gift for you'I signed.
"Really?what is it?"she asked excitedly.
'We're escaping next week Friday.'I signed
"But how?"she asked a little bit worried.

And I signed about my plans to her,which agreed to,saying and I quote,'That's the best birthday gift ever,Ara'
At 12 am that night,she turned into a beautiful grey wolf and she introduced me to her wolf,Leah.

••••••••••

A/N

Hey,guys.This is my first time writing a paranormal book.I hope you enjoy reading it.The first few chapters would definitely be boring,especially the prologue,but it'll get exciting,with time,I promise.In the mean time,ciao.

Vote,Comment and Follow.

Love,
_Meesty✍️