the boy

I woke up the next morning after... I could barely get the thought out before I curled back up into a ball.

I've gotten calls from every one of my teachers, saying to take as much time as I need to get over this. I don't need it though, I need to get out there and take what deck I was handed, or is it cards? I sigh and sit back up, I start to get ready when I hear a small snore in the corner of my room, it was Korra.

Flash back

"Look Korra you don't have to do this," I throw out, not thinking due to the crying and exhaustion now laid on me.

"I know, but I want to help and since you don't know if any of the other men your father worked for are going to come I need to protect you." She stated.

I sighed, "fine if you'll let me get some sleep then I'll let it slide."

I went over to my closet and handed her some pajama pants and a plain grey tank top. I then got myself some shorts and a red tank top and went to go get a shower.

When I got back Korra had already changed into the outfit. The pants were baggy but still fit her properly, the tank top hug in all the right places, it was like I could almost touch her toned stomach, look at her, WAIT WHAT?!? Bad Asami. I shook it off and curled up in bed.

"If you want you can sleep in the bed with me, since you're going to stay in the room." I muttered, my head resting on a pillow.

Korra waved me off, "Nah, it's fine I'll sleep on the floor or in the chair."

I was slightly disappointed, 'why are you disappointed,' I thought, 'you don't even like her in that way.'

"Goodnight Korra," I said softly.

"Ga'night 'sami," I heard her reply.

End flashback

I climb out of bed and do my usual routine, only this time I have to wake a sleeping Korra.

I shook her at first, no budge. Then I yelled at her, nothing. Finally I knocked the chair back and she started flaying her hands everywhere, grabbing me in the process.

I went down with her, we were so close I could count each streak in her blue eyes. Neither of us moved, still both in shock of what just happened.

"S-sorry about that, I-I didn't realize it was only you." She said gently pushing me off of her.

"It was my fault, I d-didn't think it through, my bad." I got off of her and helped her up.

After that little incident we went back to getting ready for school. In our own different ways.

Korra likes to work out, and practice her bending where I am still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear. In short Korra got ready in the same amount of time only was more....productive? I don't know.

Once we were both finished I drove us to school in my convertible, a little flashy I know. We had a little small talk while we headed for our lockers when, "Hey Babe," he planted a kiss on Korra's forehead, "how was your morning?"

I was shocked, there was a burning in my chest, not heartburn, but something I have only felt with when I crush on a guy. What is this though I'm not that way, I only like guys, I have only been every been attracted to guys, sure I can say girls are beautiful but... That can't mean I like them more than that.

"Asami...." Korra asked cautiously, snapping me back to reality.

"Hmmm?"

"I just introduced you to my boyfriend, Mako." She said simply, but concerned.

"Oh, my bad, just a little off today I guess." I replied.

She didn't seem convinced, but before she could say something Bolin came over, "Guys guess what?" He asked enthusiastically.

"What?" We all said in unison.

"Guess who just got us into the earth ring division championship?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh my gosh, Bo you didn't!" Korra half screamed, trying to keep her excitement down.

"Yeah Bo you really didn't." Mako said bitterly.

"Well, I did. We play the opening match tonight." He smiled.

"Oh my gosh that is amazing." I said excited for them.

"No it's not," Mako interuptted.

"Why isn't it, we've been practicing for this, we're ready." Korra stated her smile turning into one of anger and confusion.

"Well I don't think you have noticed but we don't have any uniforms, let alone the money for rental." Mako spat back.

"I can handle it, after all its the least I could do for you guys." I volunteered.

"See bro we got this in the can!" Bolin said while pumping his fist in the air.

"You're darn right we do!" Korra said while giving Bolin a high five.

Mako sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, he wasn't happy about this like the others were.

The bell rang signalling we only had three minutes to get to class. We all continued our conversation while going to our classes.

Once there I sat down in my seat and laid my head down on the desk, this was going to be a long day.