Chapter 1

I groggily opened my eyes, blinking to adjust to the light streaming in through my sheer window curtain. I wasn't tired, but my eyes were irritated and puffy from last night, tricking me into thinking I was. I laid still with my eyes closed for a moment, drawing in some energy from my windows, I don't understand how people could possibly wake up without that extra energy. Despite all the annoyances caused by my quirk, I can't ignore how useful it can be. 

Feeling refreshed, I started grinning, today is finally the day. I'm going to UA, and I'm going to be a hero. Hehe, I'm really going through with this.

Still grinning, I looked down at the floor, my dear cousin was there, sound asleep. My grin changed to a more devious smirk, and I grabbed a pillow and dramatically stretched my arms out, letting out a big yawn and simultaneously throwing the pillow onto his head.

"AY! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" 

I sneered down at him as he jumped up off of the floor and started looking around the room. His eyes landed on the pillow, then they travelled their way up to where I was. I giggled from my spot on the bed. I put a hand to my face to try and compose myself.

"Tch, this is exactly why I didn't wanna do this dumb thing," he said while crossing his arms, glaring at me.

"Oh who are you kidding, I know you love it!" I said, throwing my arms up and sliding off my bed. He was referring to the sleepover I forced him into, telling him that it would be like when we were kids. Truth was, the nostalgia wasn't why I wanted it, I knew my nightmares would be bad last night, so I didn't want to be alone. Not that my explosive cousin was the best at comfort, but it was nice knowing that he was there and safe with me. "Now let's go! Breakfast first." I turned torwards the door to exit my room. I could hear him grumbling, but he still followed me. 

Usually, the first thing I do when I wake up is eat. When I sleep, it's the longest I go without food, and I can't prevent the moon's energy from flowing into my body, so it's making all my bodily systems, like my metabolism, move on double time. Therefore I'm always starving when I wake up, that is, if I last the night without grabbing a midnight snack. I still age and mature at a normal rate, it's safe to say just my brain is effected, and it makes everything work better then it should. Imagine being hyperfocused, and yet super energetic at the same time, that's my normal state. It's great in a fight, but sitting in class- no.

On cloudy days, however, it all catches up. I'm left feeling absolutely exhausted and slow. On the other hand, stretches without cloudy days makes it impossible for me to sleep, until I just randomly collapse on people because my body can't keep up.

Anyways, I need to have a certain amount of energy (like food) to keep from completely wearing away, it means I have to eat a ton. So, I made my way downstairs with my cousin in toe. 

When we got to my kitchen I let out a sigh, I hate cooking. I'm just not good at it, though I'd like to think it has something to do with my teacher, he's a little erm... impatient.

"I'll cook it, yours make me want to throw up," my cousin/cooking teacher told me. 

"Well It's not my fault you have such a weak stomach."

"I'M NOT WEAK!"

"Quiet! You'll wake up our aunties."

"Tch," he got out the pan and lit the gas stove.

I got out the eggs, figuring that that was what he was going to make, and asked, "are you nervous?"

"Fuck no, I'm gonna show those losers whose number one."

I smiled a little at that, typical.

Truth is, I was starting to get a little nervous. My quirk started off pretty useless, but I worked hard and got better so I could keep up with my cousin and become a great hero, but I still don't really know how useful it would be in a fight. Plus, I'm still getting over my fear of villains. I grimaced as I remembered the sludge monster that almost killed my cousin last year, I hadn't been able to help him much, despite me being the reason Katsuki was caught by him. But my fear of villains comes from an incident well before the sludge monster, and I try not to focus that as I hand Katsuki the eggs.