The Isolation Cabin

Callie and Lola stood side-by-side, one watching the two adults in obvious worry and fear while the other watched on cooly, but both resembling their respective mothers strikingly as Marvas Sr. paced in front of them, holding a towel, still wiping off chocolate. Marvas Jr. stood at her side, also spotted in chocolate.

"That little stunt was the most revolting display of hooliganism ever to take place on these hollowed grounds." Marvas Sr. snapped angrily, keeping up her fast pacing.

"Amen," Marvas Jr. mumbled quietly in agreement as her mother continued speaking.

"And worst of all, coming from two sisters who should be setting an example for the entire..."

"We're not sisters, ma'am." Callie spoke up gently, lifting her finger to get the counselors attention.

Marvas Sr. turned and looked at them in astonishment, eyes flicking between the two of them.

"We've never even seen each other before." Lola retorted, crossing her arms across her chest and curling her lip slightly.

"That's impossible." Marvas Sr. stammered in shock, turning to look at her daughter who nodded solemnly in response.

"I'm afraid the look-alike thing has been the crux of the problem, Chief."

Regaining her authority and train of thought, Marvas Sr. straightened up and spoke strongly. "Well, whatever the excuse, I recommend immediate dismissal."

Callie's eyes widened in worry, imagining how disappointed her mother would be when she found out. "Y-you're sending us home?" she gasped softly, her hand flying up to clutch the locker that hung around her neck.

Lola merely scoffed at the decision. Going home didn't sound too bad. Laying by the pool all summer, going horseback riding and hanging out with her mom, aunt and uncle wouldn't be the worst thing.

Marvas Jr lowered her voice so only her mother could hear her and spoke softly. "That does somehow say we failed, doesn't it, Mom?"

Marvas Sr. hesitated then sighed, rubbing her chin in thought as she sat at her desk. "All right, all right... Let me just think..."

"Uh oh," Marvas Jr. mumbled under her breath, as Callie began to suck on her locket while Lola toyed with hers, trying to remain cool even though she knew they both nervous awaited their fate.

JxT

It was a long trek from the camp grounds to an isolated cabin atop a small hill. All the Camp Walden girls had to put a hold on their activities and form three neat columns and marched behind the troublemaking twins. The long procession was lead by Marvas Sr. and Marvas Jr. who have now changed into fresh uniforms.

Marvas held onto her bull horn and a grim expression was set on her features as they neared the lonely log cabin. Marching over a bridge and into the thick forest, everyone finally arrived after a very long walk. Marvas Jr. turned around and blew on her whistle, everybody stopped and Marvas Sr. raised the bullhorn.

"Ok girls, the rest of you - back to camp activities," she announced and received cheers from the other campers as they hurriedly went back through the forest to resume whatever it was they were doing. However, Marvas Sr. and Jr. were looking at Callie and Lola from behind their identical aviator shades.

"You two," Marvas Sr. said in an authoritative voice and shaking a finger at them, "The isolation cabin." Marvas Jr. playfully made loops in the air while she pointed at the lonely log cabin on top of a hill. There were wooden steps buried on the ground that served as steps and a small sign that said ISOLATION CABIN. Lola and Callie glared at each other, Lola stubbornly shoving her hat on over her pigtails, before carrying their things into the cabin.