Callie Vega meet Jade West

At that veeerry moment, Jade West stood amongst the throng of people waiting anxiously at the Napa County Airport. She was still as menacing and terrifying as she was in high school, at the age of 31. She watched the passengers exit the gate and brightened up at the sight of her daughter.

"Hey Lola!" she called out with this big goofy grin, "Welcome home kiddo!"

"Oh gosh, it's her." Callie breathed to herself when she saw her and fingered her locket nervously before putting on a huge smile of pure excitement. She ran up to her and stopped just in front of her.

Jade held out her hands with a huge grin plastered on her beautiful face, "Get into these arms you little punk," she said holding out his arms.

"Momma..." Callie smiled as she dropped her duffel and wrapped her arms around her mother. "Finally!" she said as she picked her up and swung her around planting a loving kiss on her cheek as she did so.

"Oh I hope you had a lousy time at that camp because you are not going back - I missed you too much." Jade said in a kind of joking-serious voice as she cupped her daughter's cheek then kissed it.

Callie smiled brightly at her, hugging her tightly once again. She couldn't believe she was finally hugging her mother. She kissed her hair and they started walking.

"What happened to you Lola? Something's changed," she said then measured the top of her head to her torso with the flat of her hand, "Have you gotten taller?" she asked with a grin. The two walk out of the airport with Jade carrying Callie's duffel.

"So, what's up, Momma? How's Cat, Beck and everybody?" Callie asked in her recently perfected California accent. She smiled smugly to herself when it came out without a hitch.

"Great. Everybody's great, can't wait to see you. Eight weeks really is too long, Lola. So much has been happening around here." Jade answered and wrapped her arms tighter around her girl.

"A lot's happened to me, too. I feel like I'm practically a new woman." Callie said which made Jade chuckle - since when did she use the term new woman? As they walked, Callie kept peeking at Jade and she became quite self-conscious.

Rubbing her jaw, she looked at her when she peeked at her, "What's the matter? Do I have a zit?"

"No, it's just seeing you for the first time. I mean, you know... in so long." Callie said then giggled, "You look taller to me too Momma," she joked.

Jade just laughed and pulled her closer to her, "C'mon kiddo, let's go home," she said. Mother and daughter walked over to the parked Range Rover and Jade opened the door for her daughter. She climbed into the driver's seat and wore her sunglasses. She started the car and they drove off.

After a while, Callie looked out the window and saw rows and rows of vines lining the fields. She was awed that it was all her mother's and she couldn't stop staring at them. She fell in love with the place too - New York is way different than California.

"Hey, by the way, thanks for all those newsy letters. I'm really glad I bought you all that personalized stationary you just had to have." Jade said in a sarcastic yet joking voice to her daughter, a while later.

"We meant to write, Momma, but we just got so busy with..." Callie tried to explain and Jade gave her another one of her crooked grins indicating that she was joking.

"We?" she noted.

Realizing her stupid mistake, Callie tried to act calm and smiled at her. "Oh. Me and my friend. I met this girl at camp and we got really close." She explained.

"Great," Jade remarked nodding her head as she continued driving.

"Practically like sisters. She was a lovely girl." Callie said hoping she didn't get the innuendo.