part 3

I slept all night in a dumpster, I could see creatures of the night watching me. But if I was a cat who could solve crime, I could handle this. I leaped up from my gooey and oozing bed of garbage juice, blech. When I jumped they scurried, "that's what I thought." I thought quietly. I scampered up to the fence, I was starving, my ribs showed and there was a pain in my stomach. I sure wasn't the largest cat on the block and if you saw me you would know it. I sat down near a small puddle of brown water and then I saw it, a small bird and it was on the ground, it wasn't going to make it. I decided not to waste it, I would kill it first so it wouldn't suffer. Suddenly I saw the same white van from earlier except the back door was open. "Well then," I thought "this is good." I crawled in and looked around like I thought, a drug area but also something else, something more, it was wrapped up in a stained cloth an amulet. I looked as if it had no value, boy was I wrong it had value alright but not money wise. Then I heard a BANG I looked behind me and saw a man, the man from the warehouse, the dealer. He was angry, a cigarette in his mouth and a bottle in his hand. "You damn cat, get outta here." He swiped at me and I ran out. I ate up the bird, now that saw the amulet my adventure had started.